Gotta get me some poutine ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad you made it sir! I'll buy you a beer at the Crawl of you make it.

Excellent report sir.

Glad you made it sir!

Thank you gentlemen. :cool:

SUMMARY

18 consecutive days on a Harley. Went through 16 states. Covered over 4500 miles. :clap:

That’s pretty friggin’ bad-ass. Wish I could do it again tomorrow. Won’t be tomorrow … but I’m most assuredly gonna do it again. :D

Maybe I’ll install a taller windshield and buy a rainsuit … but then again … maybe not.

If you’ve followed along with this thread and it sparked an interest … just do it. Life is short.

Four wheels can move the body … but only two wheels can move the soul. :cheers:

I kept track of my expenses so I can plan for the next one. Thought I’d share in case it might also help someone else plan a similar trip.

Broke it down into 3 categories: gas, motels, cash.

GAS

Spent $427.99 buyin’ 106 gallons of premium. Range was $3.70 to $4.40 per gallon with an average of $4.04. Scooter averaged 45.4 mpg.

So over 18 days, I averaged $23.78 per day in fuel.

MOTELS

Spent $1560.71 for motel rooms. Includin’ taxes, range was from $48.84 to $165.85.

So over 17 nights, I averaged $91.81 per day for lodgin’.

CASH

This covers food, beer, tips, tolls, maps, etc.

Spent $936.23.

So over 18 days, I averaged $52.01 per day.

TOTALS

Spent $2924.93.

Daily average total of three above categories amounts to $167.60 per day.

And a final comment … don’t plan on travelin’ just on an American Express card. A lot of the smaller bid’nesses won’t accept it due to the higher fees. So make sure you also have a Mastercard or Visa. :meh:

Wonder where I'll go next. :hmm:

:flamingo:

Wonder where I'll go next. :hmm:

wherever you go, we'll gladly share in your adventure :clap:

specially since i can only go about 30 miles on my scoot before i need a kidney transplant

Sounds good, Lord knows I've done the same on four wheels.
More important.... what was the breakdown on beer?
;)
Happy Trails! N

...that's an awesome trip!

I really wish this fine club will do something like this on the LC.

I like the scooters but I am a chicken and fearful,:hillbilly:

wherever you go, we'll gladly share in your adventure :clap:

specially since i can only go about 30 miles on my scoot before i need a kidney transplant

Thank you ma'am ... and I highly recommend buyin' a Street Glide. :idea:

Sounds good, Lord knows I've done the same on four wheels.
More important.... what was the breakdown on beer?

I had actu'ly intended to keep track of the beer separate sir. But the more I drank ... the harder it was to keep track of. :grinpimp:

...that's an awesome trip!

I really wish this fine club will do something like this on the LC.

I like the scooters but I am a chicken and fearful,:hillbilly:

Maybe you can ease back 'cross the border for a day or so and buy a set of balls sir. :flipoff2:

Thank you ma'am ... and I highly recommend buyin' a Street Glide. :idea:

but they don't make em to fit midgets ;)

debating between paying off a large ass portion of debt or buying a used fatboy lo next bday....the rigid just ain't cuttin' it.

but they don't make em to fit midgets ;)

debating between paying off a large ass portion of debt or buying a used fatboy lo next bday....the rigid just ain't cuttin' it.

i can get ya this one for nearly nothing......

577318_10100911930121642_329912348_n.jpg

And now ... back to our regularly scheduled programmin'. :grinpimp:

There's three comp'nies that set up photographers on the Tail of the Dragon. They shoot pics all day long of ever'thang that goes by. So a few days after you been on that road you can go to their websites and weed through all the pics for the day you was there. If you can actu'ly find yours amongst the thousands, you can purchase them online and download them. :cool:

I finally searched through all their sites last night and here's one each from two of the comp'nies that struck my fancy. One was 5 bucks and the other was 7 bucks. :meh:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Bike turned out pretty, not so sure about the rider!

Please don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful sir. :grinpimp:

And as a final chapter to the tale ...

Soon as I got to Baltimore I started the search for a Harley dealer that could get the bike in for it's 20k mile service (20,720 actual miles). Got hooked up with Chesapeake Harley-Davidson in Darlington, MD, which is 'bout an hour north. Dropped 'er off yesterday.

So today I ease on back up there and pick 'er up. I knew damned-well I was hard on 'er thru all the mountain twisties. Evidently was downshiftin' so hard that I actu'ly damaged the shifter linkage and also wore out the rear brakes. :bounce::bounce2:

They fixed 'er all up and wrote it off under my extended warranty. :cheers:

Also done the required maintenance service and washed 'er up like shiney new. All for a VERY reasonable price. :clap:

Might have to take me a lil' ride this weekend. :cool:

You can Kiss my Mexican ass Sir!

You know :princess: owns me :hillbilly:

"Please don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful sir"

now this is insulting! .....I did not see a biker chic riding with you.

What happened there sir?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom