Got my first Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All

I have wanted a LC as long as I can remember and I finally got one. 1997 LX450, totally stock, 120k miles, no lockers, but p.e.r.f.e.c.t. condition. I just came back from the Lexus dealer to get a printout of the dealer service history. Evidently the two previous owners had absolutely all service done at the dealer...up to and including getting new tires. Six pages of printouts with every major service up to and including the full 120k service and most of the 10k intervals in between. I almost wet myself with joy when I saw it. I am a pretty good mechanic and I expected to have to do something...but I wont complain. I'll just enjoy it. Beautiful truck. I love that straight six. Go-Go six-in-a-row! Came with three complete sets of keys and bobs and all books. Paid $11k and think I got a real deal. Just have to convince the wife not to drive it.

Last edited:
Welcome :flipoff2:

Riiiiight on :flipoff2:

Standard Mud welcome....:flipoff2:

Congrats!

Can I propose a new rule...no "Got me a new Cruiser" posts without pictures.

Welcome anyways :flipoff2:

In this age of tech you should have a pic from the show room floor, bbut no pics from the driveway - post some pics, even better register it also. What all do ya plan to do with it ?

WELCOME !! :flipoff2: :beer:

ok ill try and get some pictures. The engine bay is unbelievably clean. I wipe out the engine bay whenever I wash one of my cars. But this is even cleaner than my own car. The dealer must have cleaned it out before I bought it.

In this age of tech you should have a pic from the show room floor, bbut no pics from the driveway - post some pics, even better register it also. What all do ya plan to do with it ?

WELCOME !! :flipoff2: :beer:

Too much glare for good pictures right now. Ill try in the morning when the light is better.

I bought the truck for family camping/expedition stuff. It wont get driven too often but played with every day:hmm:. No rock crawling or mud bogging. I was thinking front bumper with winch, rear bumper with tire carrier. Get them painted gold to match the truck. Replace factory roof rack with a basket type, extra battery and 12v outlets, gps, radio. Maybe a dvd player for the kids. Maybe a few external lights. No big lifts or huge tires. I want to keep the weight down and visually as low key as I can. Gonna be a blast putting this together.

pics, or gtfo...
Agreed, so I snagged this picture of his new truck.

-B-
New LX450.jpg

my wife was driving

That pic reminds me...maybe step sliders too. I'll need them if she gets behind the wheel.

Too much glare for good pictures right now. Ill try in the morning when the light is better.

I bought the truck for family camping/expedition stuff. It wont get driven too often but played with every day:hmm:. No rock crawling or mud bogging. I was thinking front bumper with winch, rear bumper with tire carrier. Get them painted gold to match the truck. Replace factory roof rack with a basket type, extra battery and 12v outlets, gps, radio. Maybe a dvd player for the kids. Maybe a few external lights. No big lifts or huge tires. I want to keep the weight down and visually as low key as I can. Gonna be a blast putting this together.

It's going to be blast to your checking account too!

Good Luck, drive it like you stole it!:flipoff2:

Welcome :flipoff2:

:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom