Got a used FJ40 spare tire carrier...and the 1966 Nissan Patrol that it came on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj40alex

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked up this Craigslist special today. Pretty complete truck, but has not been started in over a decade. PO was midway through the install of a generic wiring harness (first to go). Fuel tank likely shot, but otherwise it should fire up with some TLC. Clutch and brake cylinders are both toast, so will replace those too. Goal is to get mildly safe to drive before deciding what direction to go with it. Might do a very light resto-mod on it - bar hopper and grocery getter thing for the kiddos.

The PO installed an FJ40 tire swing (next to go) and basic Harbor Freight trailer brake/turn lights (going tomorrow too).

The spare wheel does not match the other four. Not sure if it's a Nissan or maybe Toyota. Any guesses?

If anyone is a Patrol guru, hit me up.

The patina unfortunately is non-original paint, over primer, over OEM paint. So, my original plan to keep the patina might give way to a new paint job going back to the OEM blue.

Only had for 5 hours, so still in the early planning stages.

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

I love it. RHD?

It's a LHD. Per the interwebs, Nissan sold them through Datsun deals in the US from 1962 to 1969. It was a California car that was brought East by PO.

Alex, great score! Look forward to see what you do with it!

Nice!

Your fleet is strong, a lineup shot would be cool. I think you have the 1950s(willys), 1960s(patrol), and 1970s(fj40 or is it 1980s?) now represented, cool bunch of exploration vehicles.

Can't wait to see this thing cruising through town! Nice find

Nice score Alex. Keep is posted with the plan........ and pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom