Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
We got about 50,000 miles out of these tires. We’ve got a 2” lift and run the 285/75r16s. Just put a brand new set on. We figure the last set went so well, why change?

Who else runs them, and what do you think?

(Full disclaimer: they saw very little off-road use, since the 100 is driven by my mom... but they worked great what few times we got to test them)

I run them and have been really happy through a full Alberta winter and a little wheeling. I did see some new nokian rock tires that looked sweet though.

These are notorious for sidewalk puncture off road in a size 33

The search function should be your friend. There are manyyyy more

678FC1C6-69AA-48EB-BA28-0C7CC39B7591.png

5A4C2750-ADC5-4D61-A913-C4FC036DE364.png

I won't run Duratracs off road again, great tire but sidewalls are too soft for wheeling. I've punctured 2 sidewalls when aired down <25psi. I started running 26-28psi and i do not have further issues. I'm at the point where they need to be replaced, I did get 50K out of them. I will be going with BFG KO2's

Sounds like they’re great for their current mall crawling assignment then. And maybe sand dunes, my dad recently got into that sort of thing.

The Duratrac is outdated, it was a good tire in it's time when the competition was lacking. There are far superior options now.

I got the same amount of miles as you with my Dtracs, about 55000 miles, rotating every 5000 on a very heavy 80. Never had a puncture once in all that time with at least 30 off road trips under its belt. There are a lot of cool new tires out but I went with another set of Duratracs and am happy about it. Many well designed classic tires will not change the design for a reason, it works.

Had them and had no issues with them. Very reliable on and off the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom