golden mtn trip july 12-14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on a trip to golden mtn, I plan on cooking for anybody there Saturday night. I'm not real familiar with the place so if somebody that's been there a few times wants to come out that would be great.

Sent from my detachment from reality.

I will talk to the wife and see what we have planned. GMP is pretty fun, I am not terribly familiar but it isn't as spread out as Coal Creek.

Sounds like a good idea.

Attendee List (Confirmed):
Sam Stewart - Mini
Matt T. - 80
Steve M. - Mini
Jason - 80(?)
htburnett - 40
Cory - Mini
Roger - 40
Ted - Mini
John - Mini
Josh - 40(?)
Nick - 80
Nick - 100
Kenny - 100
Cid - 40
Adam - J**P

Last edited:
I know its gonna be hot but I want to get some wheeling in this summer and its about the only free time I'm going to have. I hope some of you guys can make it out.

I'd like to get back there before I transfer in November, so I'm gonna pencil this in. The heat will suck, however the traction should be excellent because of it.

I know the park fairly well but I'm not a wagon guy so I may only have good ideas of where NOT to go. :) Better than going in blind though I guess.

IH8MUD on Android

Well it would be fun for the rest of us to watch you run sum of the tougher stuff. Last time I was up there we seen a guy flip on one of the harder trails but I don't remember which one.

Not sure what everyone's plans would be, but I just emailed the park asking if it'd be possible to rent the open room inside that building by the ball fields with the bathrooms on the outside end. Figured it might be okay with some people to toss out a pad and sleeping bag on the floor inside an air conditioned space. Not to mention being able to come in out of the sun, heat and bugs to eat a meal or two. If it works out, I'm hoping it'll be much cheaper than the bunkhouses since it could be divided up between so many people. No idea if they'll say yes, but who else likes that idea?

Didn't know it might be an option but I'm good with it.

Didn't know it might be an option but I'm good with it.
It very well may not be an option. But I figured it'd be better than tents and better than individual rooms in the bunk house (if we get a fair sized group). But ya never know unless you ask, so I figured what the heck. :meh:

I appreciate you asking Lol, I haven't emailed them about opening the gate early on Fri yet so your just ahead of the game.

I appreciate you asking Lol, I haven't emailed them about opening the gate early on Fri yet so your just ahead of the game.
I wouldn't worry too much about the gate. Unless they've cracked down for some reason, the left side gate is usually open anyway.

I know it just trying to play by the rules. Don't want to get myself or anybody else a bad name.

I may actually be able to run this trip. I'm off that weekend and I could probably leave early on Friday. One of my concerns is getting there late and having to set up camp so the bunk house would be cool.

And, if Steve goes, I'll have somebody to run with! (No offense wagon guys! :cheers:)

I'll lightly pencil it in for know. I'll have to sort out a trailer before then though...

Sent from another Galaxy

And, if Steve goes, I'll have somebody to run with!
Ha! As soon as I read that you might go, I had the exact same thought. We gotta get the word over to the rest of the GA crew and see if any can make it.

Pretty sure we are in. I got the preliminary nod, but was told the AC needed to be working by then since little bit may come too.

I'm trying to work it out to get there. Only problem is I have to take my daughter to camp on the 14th. Well that and my cruiser doesn't run. So two problems to overcome.

Really Andy??? This trip is a month and a half away... You can't figure out how to replace two batteries in that time??? What do you do for a living again?? hahaha jk buddy.

Really Andy??? This trip is a month and a half away... You can't figure out how to replace two batteries in that time??? What do you do for a living again?? hahaha jk buddy.

You buy the batteries and I'll bet ya a 12 pack I can install them in under 10 minutes smart ass! Paying for them is what's holding me up.

Not sure what everyone's plans would be, but I just emailed the park asking if it'd be possible to rent the open room inside that building by the ball fields with the bathrooms on the outside end. Figured it might be okay with some people to toss out a pad and sleeping bag on the floor inside an air conditioned space. Not to mention being able to come in out of the sun, heat and bugs to eat a meal or two. If it works out, I'm hoping it'll be much cheaper than the bunkhouses since it could be divided up between so many people. No idea if they'll say yes, but who else likes that idea?

My gf said yall are a bunch of girls/city folk. camping is part of wheeling. just being under the sky is fun. BTW this is time of year that u go cowboy style ( no tent) lol.. :deadhorse:

On a better note ill be there camping no matter what!!! and ill be eating the bugs as well:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom