Going down in value - LX, LC's ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This website is showing that the 2005 LC is going down in value.
Still pricey - this 2005 LC with 225K miles is below average pricing
at $13,700.

Check out the graph in this URL:
Used 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale

100's have reach that point where price is going down more that we expect. Wait a few years and that price will skyrocket like the 80 series did.
There is one 1990 Diesel here in Canada selling for $29K CAD...

Im very happy that I purchased my first 100 (LX) 1998 with 57,000 miles and in mint condition for $7900 US

Totally depends on location. Out west here a clean LX with the 5 speed and around 100k will go for 20k easy, LC probably a little more due to the smaller numbers.

My point is to show that the website CarsForSale is showing a trending
down in valuation for our LC/LX's. I too thought a vehicle with 250K miles
at this price seem rather high - but I do know these are very much in demand.

Also, a few days ago I was reading that desirable technology in autos was advancing
at such a pace that this analyst forecasts that used vehicles to markedly collapse
in resell value. That analyst maintains that used car pricing has declined 2%
versus similar vehicles the year before. Personally I tend to be a little resistant to
some of the new technology and don't buy that argument - but some do value
self braking, lane change warning, etc more than I.

A 12 year old vehicle with 225,000 miles (and no pictures) is being advertised at ~25% of its original MSRP, and we're drawing conclusions on general pricing trends for all 100 series, based on a graph that could just indicate seasonal value?

A 12 year old vehicle with 225,000 miles (and no pictures) is being advertised at ~25% of its original MSRP, and we're drawing conclusions on general pricing trends for all 100 series, based on a graph that could just indicate seasonal value?

Agree. But small tangent, what are the seasonal trends like for LC/LX sales? Curious because I am in the market, but I have a long time horizon.

Agree. But small tangent, what are the seasonal trends like for LC/LX sales? Curious because I am in the market, but I have a long time horizon.

I would expect a 4wd vehicle to have a slight increase in value during the winter months in certain markets.

Well, if you ask me the 100 is still holding its value quite well, a 12 yr old vehicle with 225k miles for $13700. Most normal people will walk away in a heart beat as they see a vehicle towards its end of life but not us. Bear in mind you still have to spend some good amount of money on a 225k miles truck if it is not well maintained, AHC shocks and accumulators pretty much gone if it is a LX, master cylinder and accumulator will has to be replaced if it is original, rack and pinion leaks , key cylinder, timing belt water pump, suspension/ control arm bushings, ball joints, just to name a few.

Im very happy that I purchased my first 100 (LX) 1998 with 57,000 miles and in mint condition for $7900 US

:censor: you stole that truck!

Hijack in progress. New car sales have hit their peak according to the experts and all autos will decline in value as cars are no longer wanted/needed. Car share/Lazooz/Uber - will change the game.

100s do seem to be coming down in price. Seems a little strange.

Last edited:
The trend where I live (Texas) is that 100's are coming down and 80 series are actually going UP!

I find more LX's for sale than LC's and most (LX's) are several thousand dollars LESS than the Land Cruisers even when they have less mileage. Crazy.

But its much harder to find a clean, low to mid mileage Land Cruiser here than it is a Lexus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom