GOBI Roof Rack - 1st For an 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered one. On the way.

Hey all. I ordered a Gobi end of July. It just shipped an I am supposed to receive it Tuesday. I won't install it until next saturday, but I will let you know how it goes. Something going on at Gobi...not sure what, but the story changed quite a few times.

1. Ranger Rack
2. Shovel and Axe mount
3. Sunroof insert.

-M

thread from the dead - but does anyone know how the ladder works with opening the rear liftgate?

thread from the dead - but does anyone know how the ladder works with opening the rear liftgate?

The 80 ladder is about to become reality. I dropped my 93 off this afternoon for Gobi to work with. The 80 liftgate ladder is challenging because the gap between the liftgate and the body is tight to begin with and tightens when the liftgate is opened. Paul is a great designer and this is the weekend it gets figured out. I should be able to post photos by Wednesday before I head out to Cruise Moab.

is the 80 series Stealth ever going to be available?

Both the Stealth and Ranger are available. I have the stealth.

GOBI is moved into its new shop here in Denver. All the racks are fabricated from raw tube there. Cut, bent, welded, etc. Its impressive.

thanks, looks like I'm going to have to call them, I cannot seem to find an 80 series Stealth on their website.

I should have written "Correct, its stealth." :doh:

But why I am at my computer on this beautiful Denver afternoon (80 today, snow Wednesday) is to say that I saw, held, and climbed on the ladder. No pictures till its back from powdercoat, and its supposed to be installed before I head to Cruise Moab Wed. :D

Now back to the garage to hang my awning.

GOBI 80 Ladder

There you have it! Going into production soon.

GOBI 80 Ladder copy.jpg

So...I finally got my GOBI rack, and I LOVE IT!!! :D

I opted to go all out, to match my existing brush guard, tailight guards, and rear bumper guard (yea I know a lot of ppl aren't fans of them, but I like 'em):

- GOBI Stealth 80 rack
- Custom removable crossbars (so I can utilize the full length of the rack's flatbed with large items, yet still retain the ability to compartmentalize the rack as/when needed)
- In stainless steel + electro polished for a bright chrome finish
- Removable sunroof insert (allows full functionality of the sunroof as well as access to the rack from the sunroof)
- Sunroof storage bag
- All mounting hardware
- Wind deflector + mounting points (front & rear) for lights/light bars
- Rear ladder (still wrapped; not installed, cuz I don't wanna get rid of my rear spoiler; probably gonna find someone to modify the ladder so I can install it as needed without having to take the spoiler off).

As you can see from the pictures, the rack is SUPER high quality, with excellent construction, and looks BEAUTIFUL. I'm soooo happy I waited until I found someone who can make the rack EXACTLY like I wanted it to be (vs. just getting an ARB rack).

Oh and FYI, the rack bed measurements (from the inside edge of the frame rail to the opposite inside edge of the frame rail, ie measurements of actual USABLE space) is 74" L X 45" W. The highest point on the rack (the front leading frame rail) sits about 80" off the ground. Truck has 275/40s on stock wheels, and is on OME suspension all around (no additional lift).

The truck fits in the garage, Thank God (just barely haha) and will clear most parking garages/structures. It'll be close though!

Now I gotta find a good, high quality roof cargo net and/or weatherproof bag, and I'll be set!

Enjoy!

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: it's so.....shiny!!

Now, just brighten up your center caps, and you'll be all set!:D

Maybe you need a set of theeez....:D:cool:
Trade-ja my wheels for yours?;p

blingy wheels.JPG

Maybe you need a set of theeez....:D:cool: Trade-ja my wheels for yours?;p

I've got a set of those chromed ones already. Want to get rid of just one? I need a spare wheel that matches. :)

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Bling! I passed through Albq last week and it seemed bright down there. :)

Brilliant (no pun intended) removable crossbar idea. Also good to adjust for loads. I am working on a side mount ski rack idea.

I just returned a few hours ago from 9 days across the Four Corners region and the Gobi performed flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom