Getting set to install new gauges.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are nice looking gauges. Where are you going to mount the pod? Where does the pyro probe mount?
I think this is in the thread:
Pyro 022.jpg
Pyro 031.jpg
Dash 011.jpg

I am looking @ adding boost,pyro,oil pr. and H2O temp to my '84 bj60. I am tinking about option a:( sorry can't get pix to up load) mount 4 in a row on dash to the right of the stock speedo--fab a pod out of diamond plate or something like it. option B: 4 in a row behind gear shift under dash or C: make a triangulated frame over the steering column, mounting to the 3 screws in the bottom of the OEM gauges, to hold 2 gauges and have 2 in a pod on the A piller. Any thoughts?
BTW. thanks for the info about mech. oil pr.--just changed my order to electronic.
Joe

Tim, did you ever get your temp gauge installed and what did you do about the probe? I just used the stock probe and wired the new VDO gauge to it, if the stock gauge is working than there is no reason why it won't transmit the signal to the gauge properly. No need to mess around with different thread sizes or adding a piece to the water lines (although that is a good idea).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom