Getting ready mount my XRC12 in the ARB, couple questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys, really appreciate you input. I don't know if there is a CAT dealer near me, but there is a John Deere dealer 5 mins away and I remember them having good NLGI grade (2 or 3) Moly grease made for their industrial farm equipment. Maybe I will check that out if I can't find the CAT ultra stuff. Thanks again for all your advice and write ups you have done, they have been very helpful!

This is the stuff I found locally. It may be overkill, as I have some Valvoline Palladium Moly grease in the garage right now, but this stuff is probably a bit better.

Calcium Sulfonate Grease with 5% Moly (TY27373, TY27372, TY27371, TY27370)
Features and Benefits
· Specially formulated for heavy-duty equipment

· Works in the same applications as HD Moly Lithium Complex Grease

· Exhibits outstanding performance in the most severe applications and is fortified with molybdenum disulfide to withstand heavy loads and shock loading

· Contains no additives such as lead, antimony, zinc, barium, sulfur, or phosphorous making it environmentally friendly.

· Superior pressure and antiwear properties

· Protects against corrosion and oxidation

· Extreme shear stability

· Operating temperature: -32 deg. C(-25 deg. F) to 149 deg. C (300 deg. F)

· Not recommended for high-speed bearings

· NLGI Grade No. 2

· Applications include Construction, Forestry, Mining, Heavy-Duty Farming, and Industrial

Service rating
· NLGI grade 2

Physical properties
· Gray color

· Calcium Sulfonate Complex thickener

· Contains 5% molybdenum disulfide (MoS2)
image.jpeg

These are the key words for being in the same grade/class as the Cat stuff:
"Calcium Sulfonate Grease with 5% Moly"

That's almost exactly as Cat describes theirs.

Here are some other descriptors/features/qualities that the Cat Grease has:
* Moisture resistance -- resists washout from fresh or salt water
Corrosion protection --Resists oxidation and protects metal against rust. Will not corrode or damage steel, copper bearing alloys, or conventional seal materials
It passed a +4,000 salt fog test
The Cat NLGI 2 rating only goes to 122 degrees ambient range, but goes to 149 operating range, but it should be noted all three Cat NLGI ratings have the same 149 degree operating range, but the thinner ones go lower than the thicker (from -32 to -45.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom