Gearbox for 3f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
I have a spare gearbox for a 1fz engine which is the H151f. My friend is looking to swap out his 4 speed gearbox which he has on a 3f engine. I was wondering if they were the same gearbox or similar and could work.

The 3F in the FJ80 had a 5 sp , I forget whether it was the H150 or H151. The ratios in the H150 are a bit lower from memory.
I was thinking if you could find the parts from a FJ80 5 sp , you could make it work.
There is also a version for the 1HZ.

so the bolt up would be the same? would I have to change the bell housing or no and whats the main difference between h151 and h150? @roscoFJ73

I think there will be various bellhousings spline counts and input shaft lengths. Yes, in theory it would bolt up.
The other big question is what body are you putting it into? Because the H15* are quite long and a FJ40 is too short.
How will the hole in the floor line up with the gearshift?

it would be for a fj40

Get your measuring tape out before spending $$$

okay cool thanks

H15X and H55F top plates orient shifter similarly, and the bell housings are fairly close, so it'd enter cab in the same un-ergonomic location as H55F does a 40.

The H15X shifter between a 7X and 8X is different, and would think the 7X a better fit for a 40.

The H1FA case would be the only that remotely fit a 40, and driveshaft angles will be squirrelly with it, even.

HF2A, that an FJ80 was probably equipped with output flange may have to bolt straight to rear third.
HF2AV is 4" longer.

Either way, second will be a knee banger or knuckle scraper, and reverse will give opportunity to tickle the outside of the passengers thigh.

H55F/BF1A is a better option, overall, and I say that, retrospectively, having two H15Xs that have no home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom