Gas Gauge Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced all the bulbs in my dashboard and a new light came on. It's right below the gas gauge and is a solid orange square. I've tried resetting the battery, filling up with fuel but I can't get it to go away. It's bright, doesn't dim with the rest of the back lights. Any insight would be great, thanks!
IMG_20191001_105040.jpg

I just replaced all the bulbs in my dashboard and a new light came on. It's right below the gas gauge and is a solid orange square. I've tried resetting the battery, filling up with fuel but I can't get it to go away. It's bright, doesn't dim with the rest of the back lights. Any insight would be great, thanks!
View attachment 2096984

Did you replace the low fuel light with an LED bulb? If so change it back to an incandescent bulb

I did change it to an LED, I will switch back. Thanks! Do you know why the type of bulb matters?

The gas light sort of fades on as your tank empties, which suggests its sensitive to the amount of current. The current for an LED to light up is probably much less than the stock bulb. So it stays on all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom