Gary's Annual Fall Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the heads up jvanhove! Unlike my old 4Runner; I'm a lot more concerned about pinstriping hah. So far this summer, I've just kept to forest service roads that are pretty well maintained. Like the Hurley FSR and Brandywine FSR. I know, probably not very exciting to the majority of you guys lol.

Hey man.

I love the Hurley, although not the dust or rutted-out first 15 k, and I drive it up to Tyax each summer for our annual mountain biking trip. Things can always get 'exciting' on regular logging roads, it just depends who is behind the wheel and how many baseball-hat-wearing-intoxicated-rednecks-on-quads approach from the opposite direction, four wheel drifting through clouds of dust !

Speaking personally, I feel a lot safer crawling on the trail than driving 50+on any FSR. Of course, there are moments of high pucker factor just before flopping or looking over the edge down to the valley below...

-Justin

Hope you join us because it's always nice when old school rigs show up.

Last edited:
Hey man.

I love the Hurley, although not the dust or rutted-out first 15 k, and I drive it up to Tyax each summer for our annual mountain biking trip. Things can always get 'exciting' on regular logging roads, it just depends who is behind the wheel and how many baseball-hatl-wearing-intoxicated-rednecks-on-quads approach from the opposite direction, four wheel drifting through clouds of dust !

Speaking personally, I feel a lot safer crawling on the trail than dribing 50+on any FSR. Of course, there are moments of high pucker factor just before flopping or looking over the edge down the valley below...

-Justin

Hope you join us because it's always nice when old school rigs show up.

I really enjoyed the Hurley too. Though, next time I hope to take it all the way to Gold Bridge. Might try that this year before it snows. Hah, yeah those guys on quads are usually idiots on those backroads. I'm always just puttering along so I just let them pass. Heck, everyone usually passes me at some point lol.

Rarely do I hit 50+ on any FSR. The rattles, squeaks etc keep my foot off the skinny pedal. :D

I hope I'll be able to make it to this one. I'll be heading up to Kamloops for Thanksgiving the weekend before. I'll see how the truck is running afterwards. It seems that everytime I do a long journey a new oil leak appears haha. The last trip I did out to Chilliwack to grab my new tires (about a month ago) my front end seal started leaking; behind the harmonic balancer.

Meet for Gary's run at the Chilliwack Airport Coffee shop for breakfast at 9:00 a.m. We depart the Coffee Shop at 10:00 and rendezvous, 15 minutes later with late-comers at the 2nd vehicle pull-out near the Vedder River bridge on the north side of the river. Should be a good day and everybody is welcome. Come one - come all, and bring the kids. We plan to serve smokies at the top and view the Canadian Border Peaks. :steer:

Not horrible weather in Chilliwack today: I could see the top of Mt Cheam, and no snow.

I'm guessing @Road Warrior 808 is one of the new guys that was at the last meeting, judging by your location and colour of your 40 in your avatar.
We need to remember to ask peoples 'mud handles when doing introductions.

Also, I look nothing like my avatar. Well, perhaps slightly like it after a long weekend of 4x4ing followed by late nights of tequila shots/buffalo grass vodka around the campfire.

Road Warrior is Marcel. :beer:

Yes, I'm one of the "new" guys. The avatar is B&W, but yes, that is Dune Beige. I introduced myself as Marcel, but it might be easier to call me Max, being the Road Warrior and all.

❄❄❄UPDATE❄❄❄
I'm looking at Mt Cheam right now.... snow level at about 5800 to 6000ft. This should not be a factor for Saturday.

I had planned to be there, however I'll be in San Francisco, baby

With a 'flower in your hair', Pete?

Rob S is going to bring a box of new CC calendars on Saturday's run up Mt. Cheam. Git yours now!:clap:
And a huge thanks to Rob, Mat, and anyone else who worked hard to produce our best calendar ever!

I can't make this, have a kid in a ball tourney in Seattle this weekend. :(

Sorry Bill and Gary, can't make it this year. My usual rotation at work was shifted two days and now I'm workin' through the weekend. Was trying to get Sat. off, but there's nobody else to cover.

I wish all attendees a safe and pleasant trip, and I hope to see you guys soon on one of the maintenance runs perhaps? Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom