Gary's Annual Fall Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was a great day today. My first time on this loop. Yes, I don't get out much....

Lots of sun for lunch but the clouds rolled in at the Fraser Valley viewpoint.

Big thanks to Gary and Bill for leading the group and cooking lunch!

I hear Jeff raised his hand and said "I gotta go!".... ;)

DSCN4440.JPG
DSCN4500.JPG
DSCN4489.JPG
DSCN4462.JPG
DSCN4446.JPG

Last edited:
Why are you all wearing blue, rubber gloves while handling a bunch of wieners? ...wait....I don't think I want the answer to that question.

shame about the look out but overall you had nice weather. How many people showed up?

7 trucks in total. Jason caught up to us about 1/2 way up. Yep, no rain and practically t-shirt weather in the sunshine. I think Bill will provide the official write-up.

:beer:

Great day. It was really cool seeing 5 (yes, five) 40s on the run. Everything from Barry's really nicely restored BJ42 to Marcel's all original 1975 FJ40, and of course the other three were somewhere in-between. All very cool and very capable. It inspired me to get going on mine...

Thanks again to Gary and Bill for putting this together. It was nice to get above the clouds (mostly) for the day!

-J

Looks like a great trip and weather gods kept you dry.
Will have to take a weekend off of work sometime.

We met at the Chilliwack Airport Coffee shop for a delicious Farmer Sausage Scrambled egg breakfast and thanked our lucky stars that the overcast skies were brightening with patches of blue in the distance. Off to the Vedder bridge pullout and rendevous gathering point. Brad R was there with his low-geared BJ42 and friend Greg H, accompanied by Kricket the Red Healer, and Zowie the Blue Healer. Barry P arrived with his washed, pristine red BJ42. Rob S and Jeremy A showed up in Rob's multi-coloured 42, sporting a cool new canvas soft top – very nice unit. Marcel (Max), a new man to our ranks, came in his 40 series, along with his GoPro camera and remote controlled, camera-equipped drone. Daryl H was in good spirits and ready for action with his tricked-up BJ40. So there we had 5 BJ40 series vehicles in this convoy. When the weather gets iffy, the 40's come out to play. Gary T with Bill rode the BJ74, and Jason H caught up with us in his HDJ 81, along with partner Amy, and the two kids, Julia & Owen.

We followed the well-travelled route up the Selasse Park Road and the Bench Road along the river, and on up to the Mount Thursten trail with its slippery rock faces and occasional eroded road bed. En route we enjoyed the red and golden falling leafs, spiralling in our following wind vortexes. Up the narrow south face hillside through the logged-off and replanted areas to finally reach the peak. Sunshine! View! Gary cooked Polish wieners on his BBQ (where is the Polish crew today?) and we enjoyed his hot dogs in our shirtsleeves at the summit.

Time for fun on the Widow-maker hillside. The hill was dry and in pretty good condition and Max got some good GoPro shots while setting up the GoPro on the road so that the vehicle would pass over it as they came down the hill. Then off over the top to the north viewpoints facing the Chilliwack Valley and Harrison Lake, but, dammit, the fog rolled in and blocked our view north. Then down the Chipmonk Trail to fun in the gravel pits and test flying Max's hovering drone. Finally, one by one our tired Cruiser crew headed for home and good memories of a great day in the mountains. Yaaahooo! You shudda bin der...snooze; ya lose!:moon:
~Bill

Thanks for the write-up, Bill! Great day out. :beer:

Thanks for the writeup Bill. Since I was *this* close to attending yesterday (I did made it to the air down spot on Slesse, then had to promptly turn around and go home), I decided to go out again today. I took the kids up Sylvester and filled my m101 with firewood and had a hot dog roast on a camp fire. They even helped load the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom