Garage thread KDJ90 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.millebo.se
Hello

A couple of weeks ago I just bought my first LC.
It's a 1KD-FV diesel engine with 84000km. It also got differential lock for the rear axle.

My plans for this car is;

§ Adding som dynamat to the fenders and doors - STARTED
§ Mounting a Webasto - STARTED (will take some time)
§ Painting all chrome-details black
§ Tinting the three rear windows
§ Replacing footstep with rock-slider
§ Building car Hi-Fi, maybe even a Carputer
§ Buying a set of wheels for the winter here in sweden - DONE (17" original 120 prado rims with Nokian Hakkepelitta)
§ Prepare the car for RUST (very common issue in sweden) - STARTED
§ Mounting dual Lightforce extra headlights - DONE
§ Replacing side flasher glass with clear glass - DONE
§ Adding rear bull bar
§ 3" exhaust from turbo
§ TTE-chip

Right now: This car is dead.

1254247032_resized.jpg

Last edited:
What's your plan for suspension & tire/wheel combo?

I'm not planningn on any suspension mod, only a future 2" riser kit... What make of a riser kit should I go for?

I'm thinking on getting Hankook 265/75 winter tires on 16" aluminium rims, we'll see after the swedish government aproved the car ;)

Regarding pics, they will come in plenty when I start the build... :D

1254247338_resized.jpg

1254247202_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Today I managed to put som sound deadening on the inside of the rear fenders. I also tried to apply som anti-corrosion-stuff. I also mounted the clear-glass side flasher glass. Sorry for bad pictures, only had my phone...

What do you think of this ride height? ;)
1255552402_resized.jpg

I found a couple of spunges in the back of my car. This is not very clever in sweden...
1255552422_resized.jpg

...one already had signs of rust on it...
1255552367_resized.jpg

I also found a dent on my front grill! I wonder how this happened to the former owner... :)
1255552412_resized.jpg

Sweet rig.. wish I had a diesel in my 95series.. Cheers keep us updated on the progress....

I like how it looks lifted ;)

Nice job on finding the possible rust sources. I think those sponges are meant to reduce wind noise & vibration.

I also found a dent on my front grill! I wonder how this happened to the former owner... :)

OH That ¡s terrible! You should return the truck to the previous owner! :hillbilly:

I would have to agree with Eduardo... Removing the DM and the chrome Tire cover would make it look much 4x4 ready.... cheers M8

I would have to agree with Eduardo... Removing the DM and the chrome Tire cover would make it look much 4x4 ready.... cheers M8

What is a DM?

I already removed the footsteps on the sides, and I'm planning on painting the spare wheel cover black... :)

EDIT: Hehe, it's not a DM, it's a hold for my extra headlights! ;) Seriously - I would really like to have an ARB Sahara bar with a winch, but one step at a time...

Last edited:
Yes I know that atleast it has the 4x4 spirit and for know it can be useful for the fog lights on it.. But you start saving for the arb bar... cheers it looks sweet

Hello jema

Good looking LC90! Concratulations of the right car choise.

I put recently Dynamat in my KZJ90 trunk and front door too.
dynamatz.jpg

Here is instructions for Webasto mounting in Land Cruiser J9 (KZJ, VZJ, KDJ): http://ww2.webasto.de/pdf/ebv/64752D.pdf

Oh... seems like the link don´t work any more. If you want to get that, send me pm with your email address and I´ll send that to you.

I'm not planningn on any suspension mod, only a future 2" riser kit... What make of a riser kit should I go for?

You mean 2" body lift? I can recommend! Put some spacers on the front struts too for leveling the car. There is no completely kits made for Land Cruiser 90, but it´s easily done at home. You can use 3rd gen. 4Runner body lift parts, if you found one. The steering shaft extension + other parts are available from here: 4Crawler Offroad - Custom Body Lift Kits
And spacers e.g. from here: Fat Bob's Garage Shopping Cart

The height like yours (stock):
beforesw.jpg

Now:
newwheelsandtires2.jpg

Milner Offroad sells 1½" kit, but there is no equipments for rising bumpers up. http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=12085
9502.JPG

Today I bought loudspeakers for the front doors. I also bought an amplifier.

It's the DLS A4 "Big Four" amplifier, 4x85w RMS and the DLS Ultimate Nobelium 6,5" speaker set.

I'm thinking of mounting this on this weekend, but I don't know where to put the tweeter. Any suggestions? Is it possible to fit it in the A-beam? Please send me some pictures of the doorskin, so that I can see how the front speakers are mounted originally... :D

I will try to add soundmatts to the front doors as well as some baffels...

//M

EDIT: I have some DLS Power Caps from my previous car... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom