FZJ80 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Fourrunner

Mark, these battery cables are amazing...great product at a great price. I think my grounds were weak/bad because my engine is running significantly better with the new cables. I had an issue with occasionally rough idle when stopped and I think it's gone

Three tips for any prospective customers:
1) Buy these.

2) Get the full package (terminal covers + sleeves)

3) Installing the negative cable to engine block might be one of the more challenging bolts I've ever tried to access but massive difference.
3a) Don't even bother trying to remove the engine block bolts on a cold engine. Spray it with break-free product, then get the engine up to operating temps.
3b) Park the truck and give it 15 min to cool while you remove the driver side tire.
3c) Remove the bolt holding the ground to engine block with a 14mm Deep socket and lots of extensions on an impact.

@Fourrunner

Mark, these battery cables are amazing...great product at a great price. I think my grounds were weak/bad because my engine is running significantly better with the new cables. I had an issue with occasionally rough idle when stopped and I think it's gone

Three tips for any prospective customers:
1) Buy these.

2) Get the full package (terminal covers + sleeves)

3) Installing the negative cable to engine block might be one of the more challenging bolts I've ever tried to access but massive difference.
3a) Don't even bother trying to remove the engine block bolts on a cold engine. Spray it with break-free product, then get the engine up to operating temps.
3b) Park the truck and give it 15 min to cool while you remove the driver side tire.
3c) Remove the bolt holding the ground to engine block with a 14mm Deep socket and lots of extensions on an impact.
Can you provide a picture of where you attached the engine block to firewall cable?

That cable should be attached to the head and the firewall. Found this pic.

1704056030346.png

Received my new cables. Very impressed. Just need to find install time
20240111_185701.jpg
8li

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom