FZJ 80 beep sound at 3000rpm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,
Please, do you know what is meaning of this sound? In the first place I thought maybe it has something with high oil pressure but now, to me oil looks ok at this speed or?
And there is ever present "tic tic" sound ( valves maybe) when ever I press throttle pedal.

It is fzj 80 1997 4.5 24v VXR ODO is 205000km
It is my first cruiser and I am planning to keep it forever. This things are extremely rare here and not to many mechanics who knows them.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Speed limiter/warning? That coolant temperature looks awfully low.

Indicator telling you to shift gears? Is this a manual transmission?

Do you have a ScanGauge or UltraGauge, maybe with an alarm set at 3K rpm? My UltraGauge has that capability but sounds different. Just a constant beep, but maybe different on ScanGauge?

Thanks all.

As far as I know, I do not have speed limiter nor scan gauge, but I'll certainly check that out.

Yes this beep occurs only while I'm driving.

This is 5 speed manual and I am already in fifth gear at 3k rpm

Regarding coolant temperature I have been told that this VXR is build for middle east climate (QATAR) and has been calibrated for higher temperatures. I am from south east Europe. But I'll check that coolant too.

does it do it when you are at 3k in 4th also? it really does seem like it is a shift indicator that isn't being disabled for 5th gear to me.

I'll have to try that with 4th gear. I'll try it in all gears at 3k rpm.
Beep sound reminds me on reverse alarm. But I do not have that sound when shift to reverse.

Rev Limiter Setting
I found this thread about rev and speed limiter so.it could be that indeed but at 3k and 130kmh's... strange design. I am usually at 80-90-100 kmh but it is good to have option to go faster if it is needed.

tic tic - could be an exhaust leak, can't tell from the video.

I'll try this than we'll see
I'll provide a new video with accent on tic tic sound

Strange tic tic sound. Hard to tell where is its source. I thought it has something with valves, still no confirmation about that.
You might need headphones to hear it.
So it occurs only when I press throttle and it is more noticeable while I'm driving.

Regarding the beep sound, I tried to reach 3k rpm in 4th gear and there was no beep sound at 3k rpm. It started beeping at 125-130 kmh so it is most probably speed limiter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom