Fuse Bloc Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm going to replace the OEM fuse block with one from Painless. I have the service manaul, but the wiring diagram is so small that I can't make out which wire is which and the two diagrams of the fuse block on 9-25 and 9-11 don't seem to completely agree.

Anyone got a larger copy of the wiring diagram or have the translation from color to funtion on the fuse block?

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for the reference, I don't see the fuse block on there anywhere - not that it couldn't be hiding in there somewhere - and I think that's from a modern 50 with an ECM. I found the other versions too, but none is more legible than the one I have.

Peter

Thanks for the reference, I don't see the fuse block on there anywhere - not that it couldn't be hiding in there somewhere - and I think that's from a modern 50 with an ECM. I found the other versions too, but none is more legible than the one I have.

Peter

The fuse box is all across the top...

Great reference.

Peter

What year is your truck?

I own multiple cheap magnifying glasses that seem to help with reading the early schematics....

:beer:

Ohhhhhh, Was looking for something the appropriate shape.

'66

That's a big help.

OK, on the ignition switch. IG is ignition, but what is going on with AV, ACC and ST. ACC looks like Crank and ST just goes to the radio? AV is battery? I'm used to old American cars and this is different.

Peter

Another SBC swap question

removed

Last edited:
bump

OK, on the ignition switch. IG is ignition, but what is going on with AV, ACC and ST. ACC looks like Crank and ST just goes to the radio? AV is battery? I'm used to old American cars and this is different.

Peter

Ignition swtich connections are just like any other, including american cars:

AM - Power input from amp meter, black w/red stripe
IG - ignition key on wire to coil, key on side of fuse block; black w/yellow stripe
ST - Starter solenoid, hot during engine cranking; black w/ white stripe
ACC - Accessories, hot when key on, but not ignition. Used to run radio and other accessories.

Looking at the manual for my '66 I realized that was true, I think the diagram on the FAQ and at Yankee Toys is wrong and has ST (crank) and ACC backwards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom