Fun little project, powder coated sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone.

I acquired some parts over the past year or so and have started it install them. I will keep it in this thread.

I picked up an 06 a few years ago was able to install some heritage wheels that are documented elsewhere in the forum.

The next things to install were sliders, skids, and a rack.

I started with the sliders.

I haven’t really seen anyone do a two tone but that’s how I’m headed.

Lmk what you all think.

Enjoy.

70917695-E253-4B29-8074-65392BF575D5.jpeg
83755EE9-329D-448F-828B-E69DA0FA55A7.jpeg
ED3DED6F-8BC8-4339-AA61-433857A901F9.jpeg

Once everything is the same level of dirty, it should match pretty well. I have the front mudflaps and they will require slight modification but should fit very well.

Next up are the dissent skids. I have not decided on whether they will be white or bronze.

The slimline roof rack will be white on the main side rails and then bronze for the cross bars.

The off-road tires are on the stock rims so I’m will think of what to do with those next.

Not my style but I love to see peoples creations come to life.

It's ridiculous that you matched the step plates to the wheels. I love it.

Why'd you make the rear fifth bulge out?
Im not sure I understand the question. Are you asking about how the rear of the slider steps out? That is so when the slider rubs along a rock it will kick the truck to the side so your wheel does not get hit by the rock on its face, also possibly avoiding slashing a tire as well. A few brands have this and these are White Knuckle brand.

Not my style but I love to see peoples creations come to life.
Thank you. I was not sure it would be my style either but the stock running boards are two tone so this was not a far stretch for me. Now continuing with the other accessories will be an interesting experiment.
It's ridiculous that you matched the step plates to the wheels. I love it.
Thank you. I had not seen it before, or at least that I could remember so I figured why not try it. Plain old black or black and white didn't seem fun;) The bronze or white skids plates will be completely ridiculous and I cant wait. I dont like the shiny aluminum and think it will look nice in the end in either color.

And for those that did not realize, this is an lx.

I just did the same but in silver/black to mimic the OEM running boards. I also heated up the front flaps to fit with the sliders.

EAA6FC14-8E9A-4723-BC4B-62A34AD8707B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom