Full Floater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=1;threadid=6232;start=msg50688#msg50688 date=1066141690]
wasn't there somebody who just finished an SOA on their 60 with a FF rear?
[/quote]

You might be talkin' about me... Just finished my SOA on my FJ60 and I'm goin' e-lockers front and rear, but I'm still waiting for my FF rear to get here :'( . So yep, get to redo the rear when it gets here. ::)

-Ferg-

yeah, but that one's drum :(

i've already got that crap, need some disc and would assume to just get one w/disc already.

dont know about the U.S but in OZ all 55 , 60 , 80 had ff rears as well did all 40's I think. Never had any trouble with rear wheel bearings coming lose nor has any one else I know. if you don't have any success finding what you want, I'll sea what it will cost to buy and ship from here.

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=6232;start=msg50808#msg50808 date=1066157083]
That guy's got it wrong--it's not a LC FF. I think it was determined to be a 1-ton dually mini truck FF axle.
[/quote]

Yup, that is the 8" 1 ton mini truck dually axle. Check out that monster hub with 6 bolt on 7.25" pattern. The hub holds at least twice the grease of the regular units.

second the australian vote. hardly anyone (no one i know of) has killed a rear FF axle, and 99.9% of australian cruisers (40, 45, 55, 60, 7#) are FF. both mine are and have had no probs. hard to come by a SF down here on a cruiser

[quote author=Ozzie HJ 61 Cruiser link=board=1;threadid=6232;start=msg50917#msg50917 date=1066173863]
if you don't have any success finding what you want, I'll sea what it will cost to buy and ship from here.
[/quote]

I'm having trouble getting mine from my source. :-\ Been waitin' a LONG time. ::) I am interested in your offer there...

Or are there any other Aussies that wanna check on prices and such from the yards down there? And I know shipping will be a lot, but I could possibly take as many as up to five complete (or minus third member) rear FF assemblies, which should help out on shipping...

-Ferg-

Ben

If you actually persue getting them from down under, let me know. I'm interested and maybe we could put together a group buy of sorts.

Mike

theferg said:
One thing to note is that the FFs seem to require a bit more maintainance than SFs. Supposedly the cone washers work loose and the nuts have to be re-torqued quite a lot... :p

i call BS. my rear axle hasn't been retorqued in 26 years, or just over 1 million k's (on it's 2nd engine) and my cone washers certainly aren't loose :mad:

in fact i can't change the rear diff cause theyre stuck :rolleyes:

starting in 1975, before they were SF.

cruiser said:
dont know about the U.S but in OZ all 55 , 60 , 80 had ff rears as well did all 40's I think. Never had any trouble with rear wheel bearings coming lose nor has any one else I know. if you don't have any success finding what you want, I'll sea what it will cost to buy and ship from here.

I have on ein my 62 and for what I do it is required but for most people it is not an needed mod but it is a cool one. I have had issues with the LS shaft breaking studs. It was not due to the bearings being loose. One of the pins tht align the hub to the flange backed out and the flange sheared off the other pin and studs.

CruisinGA said:
FF rear end spindles are very vulnerable to concrete when dropped.

Just a hunch. :whoops:

good thing i'm working on the grass

Nice work on the write ups, in short you made a nice mini novel????

The quest for I know everthing goes on...

Just joking but we could have simplified things a bit more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom