Fuel Pump Relay Pinout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey team, I've got a no power condition to the fuel pump. I've checked all of the fuses and relays and I'm down to the fuel pump relay. Does anyone have a pinout of this relay so that I can bench-test it?

1678720873020.png

I'll check my schematics. You should have voltage on 2 of the plug side pins and ground.

Frank

Do you have the EWD? If not, there are copies for free download in the Resources section which have the pinouts for every device in the truck.

Last edited:
Did you check for continuity at the AFM? The flapper door has to move to enable power to the fuel pump (lower left...)

1678723537444.png

I'd second getting the manuals. This is for OBD1, not sure what year your truck is.....
1678725096115.png

download yourself a free gift called the Factory Service Manual (link in my sig) seriously its like the best cookbook ever. I've used it hundreds of times to bake up so many tasty fixes.

And download your FSM!!! And save it to your computer, your Google drive, your moms computer, burn it to a cd and put it on a shelf. It’s a must have

And download your FSM!!! And save it to your computer, your Google drive, your moms computer, burn it to a cd and put it on a shelf. It’s a must have
I couldn't agree more. I have this on my google drive set to access offline so it synchs to my phone, tablet, computer... etc.... It's the only way especially if you need it when out of cell range.

Frank

Found this test procedure in the FSM for the Fuel Pump Relay. Mine is good so on to other tests.

1678749216072.png

boy look at that, its like they thought about how to troubleshoot this issue and put it on paper! and its easily downloadable through the link in my signature?! well slap my ass and call me sally that's as good as it gets.

In all honesty it took me about 3 years of wrenching on my cruiser to fully trust the troubleshooting in the FSM, after burning hours doing needless test and replacing totally fine components I learned that the test in the FSM are truly on the diagnostic tree that you should follow.

Last edited:
My truck is a late 1995 so it has OBD2. There are no codes reported and this circuit diagram for the fuel pump is a bit different. This circuit has a an FP pin on the check connector which makes it easy to check for voltage at the fuel pump. I have this connector and it has a spot for a pin labeled FP, but there is no physical pin and connection at the FP location.

1679596237515.png

All '93-'97 Land Cruisers have the "DLC 1" port at the firewall; the OBDII port is "DLC 3" on the EWD (I've yet to find DLC 2). The FSM troubleshooting instructions still recommend the DLC 1 port for some functions on the OBDII models.

My JAN'95 doesn't have it either (or the Gen terminal, so I can't check ECU rpm input :( ). Sucks to be us.

I attached the '95 Fuel pump relay and resistor checks. There isn't a similar, simple, ECU/system check as with the OBDI models on the OBDII models. :(

I attached the very long, laborious system check procedure for you.

Attachments

• 1995, Sequential (multiport) Fuel Injection system, Fuel Pump Relay and Resistor (EG 169).pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1995, Engine Control, Troubleshooting, Fuel Pump Control Circuit.pdf
    298.7 KB · Views: 54
All '93-'97 Land Cruisers have the "DLC 1" port at the firewall; the OBDII port is "DLC 3" on the EWD (I've yet to find DLC 2). The FSM troubleshooting instructions still recommend the DLC 1 port for some functions on the OBDII models.

My JAN'95 doesn't have it either (or the Gen terminal, so I can't check ECU rpm input :( ). Sucks to be us.

I attached the '95 Fuel pump relay and resistor checks. There isn't a similar, simple, ECU/system check as with the OBDI models on the OBDII models. :(

I attached the very long, laborious system check procedure for you.
Gracias and perfect timing for weekend troubleshooting.

de Nada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom