Fuel Filter to fuel pump line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings. And forgive my possible ignorance.

I'm trying to get a 1971 FJ40 back on the road. Things are progressing. Found the answer to my 6-spline hub problem (thanks, skully3!) and things are getting pretty close to launch.

My current hangup is the soft fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the fuel pump. I have looked everywhere and while I don'r see that it's officially NLA, I don't see anyone advertising it either.

Question 1: are new hoses still available and, if so, where can I get one.
Question 2: if the answer to Q1 is 'no', what's the best workaround?

Thanks.

-Paul

I sourced male 1/8 BSPT to male -6 AN fittings for the fuel pump. If you go that route make certain the threads are tapered, not bspp “parrallel” thread. I found the braided Fragola race from Summit hose is easy to use. Not need for special AN tools. I used a serviceable filter that accepts -6 AN. Not sure if the I.D. of -6 AN hose will be a good fit over Toyota’s barbed filter.

Greetings. And forgive my possible ignorance.

I'm trying to get a 1971 FJ40 back on the road. Things are progressing. Found the answer to my 6-spline hub problem (thanks, skully3!) and things are getting pretty close to launch.

My current hangup is the soft fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the fuel pump. I have looked everywhere and while I don'r see that it's officially NLA, I don't see anyone advertising it either.

Question 1: are new hoses still available and, if so, where can I get one.
Question 2: if the answer to Q1 is 'no', what's the best workaround?

Thanks.

-Paul

Send pics

Hi Paul,

I'm in the process of finding replacements for my fuel lines as well. If you have the originals, and remove the current hoses (carefully), you should be left with the fittings like in the picture below. You can take these to a local hose shop and have them clamp on some new hose or just get some 5/16 fuel hose and clamp it yourself. This is the route that I plan to go anyway, I was literally taking the fittings a part just about an hour ago.

I hope this helps or at least provided another option.

Rob

IMG_0235.jpg

Thanks, Rob. I do have the original line. I will strip it (carefully) and hook it up with 5/16th hose as you suggest. Many thanks.

Hi Paul,

I'm in the process of finding replacements for my fuel lines as well. If you have the originals, and remove the current hoses (carefully), you should be left with the fittings like in the picture below. You can take these to a local hose shop and have them clamp on some new hose or just get some 5/16 fuel hose and clamp it yourself. This is the route that I plan to go anyway, I was literally taking the fittings a part just about an hour ago.

I hope this helps or at least provided another option.

Rob

View attachment 1635081

Did you not have the second nut that appears to have a nylon bushing inside. I just had to make a repair on my 70 FJ40 that the line between the filter and pump crack in half. I found a short piece of fuel line with the double nut fitting on the end. Used a heat gun to soften the old line to remove one of the nuts. I used a heat gun on the other piece I had to install the second set of nuts.

What I would like know is if any know of a replacement for the OEM hose. I have fittings know how to press the second nut on if I have the correct OEM size hose.

Picture of the double nut setup.
IMG_20200514_162439382_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom