Fuel delivery question. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm just curious about fuel delivery components and hoping to clear up my issues as efficiently (cheap) as possible.

1988 FJ62 264,xxx miles
I've been having stuttering in my 1st gear, and sometimes my second gear going around 25 mph. I was thinking it was a shift solenoid bc it wasn't happening, or I wasn't noticing it, in higher gears/speeds.

Trying to troubleshoot from the FSM I was pointed to the fuel delivery.

I cracked the fuel pressure regulator to see if there was anything blocking the passages, but there was plenty of fuel pressure still on it the supply side on a cold motor, and there wasn't more than a few drips on the outlet side. The inlet side b/t the regulator and fuel pump sprayed out when I opened the b nut.

I am planning on ordering this part bc mine is 35 years old, but after I installed everything and looked up parts, I drove around and the stutter never happened on my 8 mile drive.

I'm guessing I had something causing blockage, but I didn't see anything unusual. Has anyone else had an engine stutter fixed by just cleaning the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm just going to take it apart and desmog and clean everything before I order new parts. I'll post updates I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom