FST questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Threads
6
Messages
53
Location
Washington
I’m in The process of pulling apart my new to me 74 fst for a full build as a hard top. No remaining factory
soft top parts or doors were with the truck it did coMe with parts and doors to build a hard top.

A couple questions

I have a single wire coming out of the top left of the windshield frame. Is that for dome lamp or somthing?

Also I’ve seen people talk about fst door hinges vs standard door hinges. Whats the difference does anyone have side by side pictures? Off I have fst hinges on my truck will hard top doors work on them?

Any other fst things that might hold me up? I’m likely going with an aqualu tub.

Thx

IMG_0173.webp
IMG_0181.webp
IMG_0182.webp
 
Where does the light go on a soft top? And how do you turn on the light. Just trying to sort the past.


Starting with the 74 model the light moved to the driver's side B pillar bow. Same time the hard top moved from. Cap to the driver's B pillar. Guessing from 66 to 73 light was on the dash to the right of the glovebox door on LHD models. This was known as the Darth Vader light. Earlier models the Vader light was mounted to bottom of the dash in the middle. This was both soft and hard tops.

That plug is not OEM but the Vader light and switch are. This is a 2/73 FST.

IMG_20200923_121023440.webp
 
Starting with the 74 model the light moved to the driver's side B pillar bow. Same time the hard top moved from. Cap to the driver's B pillar. Guessing from 66 to 73 light was on the dash to the right of the glovebox door on LHD models. This was known as the Darth Vader light. Earlier models the Vader light was mounted to bottom of the dash in the middle. This was both soft and hard tops.

That plug is not OEM but the Vader light and switch are. This is a 2/73 FST.

View attachment 4219775
Thanks. Yeah I’m a 74.
 
Tan top is @dusty66 and @jvincig01 is the inside mounted with white bows

Mine are the other two pics obviously not original dusty isn’t either if I remember he made the header?

Mine is the earlier HT light bracket

Btw mine has the led light assembly from @Gun Runner 5 I don’t know if he’s still selling them … but… boy are they bright
IMG_1236.webp
IMG_1239.webp
IMG_1238.webp
IMG_1237.webp
 
Last edited:
Tan top is @dusty66 and @jvincig01 is the inside mounted with white bows

Mine are the other two pics obviously not original dusty isn’t either if I remember he made the header?

Mine is the earlier HT light bracket

Btw mine has the led light assembly from @Gun Runner 5 I don’t know if he’s still selling them … but… boy are they bright
View attachment 4219873View attachment 4219874View attachment 4219875View attachment 4219876
Great pics thx the hard top side that came with my truck has the b pillar light base still in it.

Thanks for imparting wisdom on the nEw guy
 
Back
Top Bottom