SOLD FS -Wa State/1975/Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Found this on my local FB Marketplace and have been in contact with the owner and have her pemission to pass along her email to serious interested buyers. This belonged to her late husband and it wouldn't surprise me if he had been a member here. I have no affiliation with her or this FJ other than have thought about the headaches I would leave my wife and kids with; from all my niche hobbies ;).

Has both hardtop and bikini top and a new dashpad and headliner not yet installed. Wanted to help her out and hopefully get this into the hands of a mudder who could appreciate it as much as her late husband. Her neighbor is a "Toyota mechanic" and has driven it and given it a general once over. His recommendation is that the carb could use a rebuild. She starts it up regularly but my guess is she's not changing the gas. Her price is firm at $23,900 which is a great price for what's advertised in the PNW. PM me and I'll send you her email. This is located near Tacoma.

Here's her desc: Belonged to my late husband...has the bikini top on it now....NO RUST and NO DIAMOND PLATE to hide rust....I have all service records from the work the previous owner had done at Olympic 4x4....also alot of items not in the pics...inc spare tire and red jack and other things my husband had bought to add....serious buyers only please....CASH ONLY..NO TRADES

Last edited:
I sent her a message with some questions. I’d love to hear what others think. I’d be using it for pavement driving spring-fall. I’m nowhere near the area, but could have it transported.

What year did ambulance doors start?

It’s all original with no fancy upgrades. So, at the minimum, What would the $$ be to add a rebuilt carb, adding heat, ps, a/c

It’s all original with no fancy upgrades. So, at the minimum, What would the $$ be to add a rebuilt carb, adding heat, ps, a/c
It already has heat - that's the square unit beneath the dash in the middle of the vehicle.
It's not "all original" the rear hatch and barn doors are pre 75 and the seats have been custom recovered. But I do see the mounting holes for the 75 Ambulance doors on the top, so maybe they are laying around with the other parts.

It already has heat - that's the square unit beneath the dash in the middle of the vehicle.
It's not "all original" the rear hatch and barn doors are pre 75 and the seats have been custom recovered. But I do see the mounting holes for the 75 Ambulance doors on the top, so maybe they are laying around with the other parts.
With the seats looking the way they do, I figured it would have a few of the other basic things. Just going by what she said.

She seems to have an interested local buyer who has seen it already and is coming back for another visit.

I saw this pop up and have to say if I didn't already own a 73 I would have been all over this. Seems like a good price and well kept 40.

purist alert: 1977 and Later side doors and hardtop sides.

Final price was a bit under $23k. Buyer was a lady who's friend has multiple FJs and told her to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom