For Sale FS: 1973 FJ40 near Denver CO - lots of potential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Mudders. I purchased this 1973 FJ40 off here last year from a gent in TX. The plan has been to get it up and running, but life keeps kicking me in the nuts and I am throwing up the white flag of surrender. Plus, I have a Sprinter 4x4 conversion inbound and I need to recoup some of that expense.
When purchased last yr, I was told it ran, but "needed work" to the brakes and transmission. When it arrived on flat bed, I quickly realized it was over my head. It has a disc brake conversion up front, but there's no brake pressure or fluid in the system. Previous owner said they just needed bleeding to complete the swap.
This cruiser does start, but does not hold an idle. The previous owner felt it was a carb issue from sitting for 6+ yrs. I sent the carb to Mark's Offroad and had him rebuild it and port it for a 2F dizzy. It has not been re-installed, so I don't know if that's all that's needed to get it moving.
The following parts are included with the cruiser (all new), but not installed:
2F distributor with Pertronix ignitor and coil
plug wires
plugs
air, fuel and oil filter
battery tray and holder
JT Outfitters clutch master and slave conversion.
Napa battery
heavy duty battery wires purchased from a Mudder here.
I've also installed a set of new Scat from seats, City Racer Headlights/rear hatch struts, had the air filter housing refinished, and had the front fascia media blasted and re-painted white (not pictured, but included).
I am basically asking what I paid for it a year ago and including about $2500 worth of parts that I purchased with the intent of getting it up and enjoyable.
For someone mechanically inclined with some spare time, this is likely able to get up and running with little investment above my asking price. The body is pretty solid. It has some cancer in the rear sill and holes from previous diamond plate cover-up, but it is much cleaner than most of the FJ40s in this price range. I am fairly firm at $7500. Thanks for looking.
O2lnnqJ.jpg

LZVl3Wk.jpg

B2Nj6hf.jpg

mg2cn5r.jpg

HJMC9P5.jpg

zdu9TP1.jpg

Y7W09ja.jpg

U2nxl1J.jpg

NFBJKdd.jpg

RAV8PJz.jpg

IAtgb4a.jpg

lE1vCu0.jpg

i9qzrHZ.jpg

zXok4KJ.jpg

9NfyBS5.jpg

LFINVn2.jpg

MaEGzLI.jpg

N3ld5J8.jpg

O0uYike.jpg

F5PKsLz.jpg

10 year payment plan @7.0% and you can bring it to Wisconsin for me.....I'll start writing the check for 1st months payment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom