Frontrunner Rack fuel/water storage options for Scepter MFC/MWC (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting some of the water cans also. Already have a design in mind for them . using the frontrunner base, Bending up a bracket out of steel should be a breeze.

Something people forget or do not take into account is theft. Theft of the container, water/ fuel, caps, and mounts. If it can be taken, it might just grow legs and walk. One of the many reasons I like the FR fuel can holder is due the the bolts being on the INSIDE so none can come up and unscrew the whole mount with fuel in it and walk off. If it takes you 15min to put it on, rest assured, in less than a minute it can be removed.

SO having the caps secured and still functional for BOTH the fuel and water can is where I am going.

Hey @skygear,

We were working with someone looking for a solution but we never ended up with a finish product. We are in the works of sending a few cans to SA and having a mount made. I am not sure how long it will be until we see a finished product. The fitment I have seen most often on our Roof Racks are the Baja Mounts. Unfortunately, I know many people do not like the design because of the high profile it has.

I can definitely keep you posted.
Hope all is well.
Bryan

I would be interested in a solution as well. please put me on the notification list.

thanks

greg

Sorry @sdnative, wish I could help, but I went w/ Rotopax on top.

Decided to go low profile as much as possible.

1999-land-cruiser-with-rack-jpg.829110
Hi Smoth LC,
Can you please tell me what roofrack is that in the picture? Thanks in advance!

Sure @Campoa, it's a first generation Front Runner Wind Cheetah rack.

It's the short version of what they now offer here in the states called the Slimline II (version 2) rack that is the full length of the roof.

Sure @Campoa, it's a first generation Front Runner Wind Cheetah rack.

It's the short version of what they now offer here in the states called the Slimline II (version 2) rack that is the full length of the roof.
Nice, thanks! Do you have more photoa? I am hesitant in installing the full lengrh or the 1/2 slimline. I think inonly need the 1/2 and its also cheaper but, i think it is to uggly to have just 1/2. But on your rig it looks awsome. Of you can share more photos so that it can help me decide, i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Here's an old one . . .

uzj100-4-jpg.644138

uzj100-5-jpg.644139

uzj100-7-jpg.644140

front-runner-slimline-rack-1-jpg.464708

mollys-castle-jpg.829109

And here is the most recent configuration below; I keep an axe on one side and a shovel on the other.
The space behind the Rotopax is used for firewood.
I wish Front Runner would have come out with their Maxtrax mounts earlier. Oh well.
Next attachment is probably going to be the shower hanger.

front-runner-slimline-rack-with-accessories-jpg.1304799

We decided on the smaller version only b/c we use the sunroof all the time.
The :princess: likes it when traveling through the mountains for sight lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom