Front off rod bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys my name is Tim from the San Francisco Bay area the owner of a 91 Land Cruiser. As some people I’m working on a pretty tight budget and I’m looking for a front bumper they can accommodate a winch. I don’t need anything special I prefer it be used.thanks for reading my post

Hello guys my name is Tim from the San Francisco Bay area the owner of a 91 Land Cruiser. As some people I’m working on a pretty tight budget and I’m looking for a front bumper they can accommodate a winch. I don’t need anything special I prefer it be used.thanks for reading my post
Tim, check out the classifieds above.

Also, you can go to Harbor freight and pick up an inexpensive 12K winch and a mounting plate and modify it to fit where your front bumper used to be. Look at the pic in my signature, that's what I have.

However, I don't have a bumper. I have been fortunate so far and have not run over any deer yet. My winch plate is my center bumper at this time.

The affordable options for front bumpers are trail gear and NWTI. The latter has a DIY kit that reduces price but requires welding.

As mentioned, seek out the classified section and your local clubhouse.

There should be plenty of rod bumpers available in San Fran...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But in all seriousness check out the classifieds on this website. Being in Cali you should be able to find a decent deal on a used bumper.

There should be plenty of rod bumpers available in San Fran...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But in all seriousness check out the classifieds on this website. Being in Cali you should be able to find a decent deal on a used bumper.
I see what you did there

Bump-It Offroad has a good tube bumper that is cheap (just a little more than the Trail Gear), better looking (IMO), built in Colorado and doesn't stick out nearly as far as the Trail Gear (better approach angle, less hang-ups).

👍

Also, you can go to Harbor freight and pick up an inexpensive 12K winch and a mounting plate and modify it to fit where your front bumper used to be. Look at the pic in my signature, that's what I have.

However, I don't have a bumper. I have been fortunate so far and have not run over any deer yet. My winch plate is my center bumper at this time.
I just ordered a cheap 13000 lb wench and intend on doing just what you did until I fab a bumper . Great idea

I just ordered a cheap 13000 lb wench and intend on doing just what you did until I fab a bumper . Great idea
That’s a huge wench. More power to ya

Last edited:
What's she look like? 😜

All stock so far getting ready to raise is 3” and put on 33’s and add the wench . Maybe that was over kill I just though cause it so heavy I should go big lol

Can you send me some close up pics of how you mounted your wench thank you

Can you send me some close up pics of how you mounted your wench thank you

There are dedicated websites for these sorts of pictures.... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom