Front locker actuator issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member, have read every single actuator/locker post known to man on all the sites. Still find my situation to be unique. Have not heard anyone having my issue.

I'll start by saying this front locker light has went solid before but only once. I have added the center diff switch, and done the 7pin mod. Here is the first odd part. When I lock my center diff the ABS comes on but the CDL light does not. Never has. But absolutely the CDL locks. It is very noticeable and I hear the actuator motor. Then I can lock my rear locker and i can hear it as well and the light will go solid. The front has a brand new actuator on it that I tested with a AA battery and it works fine and I clocked it accordingly and set the fork properly and Installed. When trying to lock the front it doesn't have any power. I don't hear anything and the light only flashes. But with the center and rear locked I know the issue is past that. The 30amp fuse is good, the other diff fuse is good, I've taken the transmission relay out when I did the 7 pin mod and not sure how to check that but points 3 and 4 did not have continuity on it....but now I'm just not sure where to go next? The actuator spins on a Aa battery but not when plugged in to the harness and hanging freely before installed on the diff. No power to the plug of the front actuator. Very frustrated.

Also read that the efi relays need to be checked....are those the round silver ones in the driver kick panel?

Here is 3 and 4 that didn't have continuity. Somewhere on a post elsewhere stated they should have I believe. Also, here are the silver efi relays I mentioned. How do I properly test these?

Here is 3 and 4 that didn't have continuity. Somewhere on a post elsewhere stated they should have I believe. Also, here are the silver efi relays I mentioned. How do I properly test these?

20230316_005715.jpg

20230315_232452.jpg

Also read that the efi relays need to be checked....are those the round silver ones in the driver kick panel?
There is only 1 EFI relay in the vehicle. It lives in the underhood relay box on the left fender and is labeled "EFI MAIN".
The relay block in the left kick panel is shown below:

Left Kick.JPG

You should consider downloading the Toyota FSM and EWD from the resources section and read up on the troubleshooting guide for the F/R lockers.

Not relevant to the front locker but lack of CDL light may just be the bulb…..

There is only 1 EFI relay in the vehicle. It lives in the underhood relay box on the left fender and is labeled "EFI MAIN".
The relay block in the left kick panel is shown below:

View attachment 3273841

You should consider downloading the Toyota FSM and EWD from the resources section and read up on the troubleshooting guide for the F/R lockers.
You mean like this?

FB_IMG_1679006423017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom