Front Indicators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
One of the plans I have for my FJ75 are new light housings all the way around. That's when I fell into the rabbit hole of front indicators...

The part number for my 1991 FJ75 left indicator is 81520-60280.

Shown here...
MUD_60280.jpg

A sample...
MUD_60280sample.jpg

This part is still available but a bit hard to come by here in region... and the right hand side is not available in region.

So the updated part number is 81520-60282.

Shown here...
MUD_60282.jpg

A sample...
MUD_60282sample.jpg

This part, and the right hand counterpart, are available in region. There seem to be some subtle differences. I'm curious if anyone here can help ascertain if there are, or aren't, any true differences.

Finally, there's a newer model front indicator sold up til they went to the wide nose. That is 81520-60390 for the left indicator.

Shown here...
MUD_60390.jpg

And here...
MUD_60520.jpg

And samples...
MUD_60390sample.jpg

MUD_60390sample2.jpg

Any thoughts on the differences?

Any reason to stick with the originals or try to replace with new of the original part number? I'm personally toying with going with the newest model. I think I'll need to splice an old connector onto the newer housing.

Anyone care to share some photos of the newer ones installed?

"Give it a rest Joel, you've taken this waaaayyy too far!"

I think the newest version interfaces with the edge of the newest grille. You may need a grille as well for that one to fit properly.

As far as the 60280 and 282 are concerned I think the early one has a metal diffuser in the lens that is omitted in the later one.

I think the newest version interfaces with the edge of the newest grille. You may need a grille as well for that one to fit properly.

As far as the 60280 and 282 are concerned I think the early one has a metal diffuser in the lens that is omitted in the later one.
Agreed. I had a newer style grille and indicators and neither the new grille or the new indicators would work with the older items.

Aha, thanks for this. So is the metal diffuser desireable, or not? Omitted to cut costs or eliminate a failure point? Any thoughts?

Agreed. I had a newer style grille and indicators and neither the new grille or the new indicators would work with the older items.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. I just bought an older style grille as I want the "TOYOTA" showing not the sombrero. So older style indicators it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom