Front end makes a ‘jingle’ sound when I go over bumps in the road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any ideas?

When the front wheels (passenger specifically) goes over a bump I hear a metal jingle sound. Bushings of some kind?

2006 with AHC

Possibly something in your cupholder? Or glovebox? Or door pocket?

Glad you posted about this. Been hearing the same noise (albeit rarely, usually at low speed over a pothole). Glad for the responses!

I would say lower shock bushings mine did the same over speed humps.

This was my issue when I bought my 100. I was surprised how much new shocks tightened up the truck. When I took my front shocks out the metal sleeve in the bushing fell right out and the rubber was crumbling off as I touched it. You could se wher eit was rubbing the LCA. Get under the front of the truck and push the car up and down by hand you’ll clearly be able to see the play in the lower shock bushings if that is your issue.

Any time you have a front end clunk, you need to just get under the truck and rock it around til you duplicate it. Tedious but it is the best way to do it.

@Jigsaw100

Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue. Driving me nuts.

I’ve got that noise but from the rear region. I thought it was bushings and links but had all those replaced. The brakes could be the issue tho as one mechanic claimed he visually saw the brake wobbling as the caliper may be bad.

Check your heat shields on the cats - mine made a similar sound and a stupid worm clamp fixed it (I posted pic in the 'what have you done' thread or you can search)

I may be totally wrong here but I think the jingle you’re hearing occurs when an angel gets its wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom