front axles rebuild (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yep I washed the shipping oil off with acetone, as for braking in brakes, enlighten me!

is it just a matter of some normal stops, nice and light like and let off right before you complelely stop? or is there more to it?

Last edited:
Radd Cruisers said:
Quick question about the rotors, did you wash off the shipping oil with brake cleaner?

And if you do a quick search on bedding brakes, you will learn how to properly brake in brakes and the big misconception about warpped rotors.

I break in each and every brake job I do prior to giving the truck back to my customers.

The four runner calipers did make for better braking and I did notice a little more pedal travel due to the added volume of the calipers.

Rob
please enlighten me, how do you "brake in the brakes"?

crushers said:
please enlighten me, how do you "brake in the brakes"?

Its right thier in front of you, do a search as it is more than I want to sit down and write about.

Eric Winkworth said:
yep I washed the shipping oil off with acetone, as for braking in brakes, enlighten me!

is it just a matter of some normal stops, nice and light like and let off right before you complelely stop? or is there more to it?

Pretty much thats it, do not hold the brakes down well bedding or you could put a lump of carbon on the brake rotor that his harder than the rotor and brake pads.

Rob

Radd Cruisers said:
Its right thier in front of you, do a search as it is more than I want to sit down and write about.
thanks,
i have never heard of "breaking in brakes" before, i thought you might be able to help out...
i am trying to get my head around why you would need to. either the setup is right form the begining or it isn't at least that is what i thought.
i have never had a problem, have you ever seen a probelm arise by not breaking in the brakes?

I knew you are supposed to take it easy for a few stops. It isn't like you have to take it easy for ever, I never brake to hard.

Thats some great info Rob, I will do that from now on. It all makes sense also.

REgards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom