Front Axle Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the original link is busted....

looking for a good tech write up for rebuilding the front axle/knuckles

the original link is busted....

looking for a good tech write up for rebuilding the front axle/knuckles

I used a combination of coolerman's write and the FSM. First time I ever did an axle rebuild and I will say its not that hard at all youll just need a couple tools (bearing/race driver and seal puller/bearing puller) to make it even easier.

Also if you order from cruiser outfitters, they include the pages out of the FSM for you.

Anyone have a solution to high preload(11 lbs) after new brgs installed?(don't have the Toy SST to do the FSM calcs)

I recently installed a rebuilt (as I was told) 1977 disc brake front axle and installed it under my 1972 40. I was out messing around in the driveway and grabbed either side of the driver front tire and pushed/pulled it back and forth (laterally, facing the hub, vehicle is on the ground) and discovered some play in it. Both sides do it. Can’t imagine this is normal. Any thoughts?? Hoping I didn’t get screwed on this deal. Thanks!

I recently installed a rebuilt (as I was told) 1977 disc brake front axle and installed it under my 1972 40. I was out messing around in the driveway and grabbed either side of the driver front tire and pushed/pulled it back and forth (laterally, facing the hub, vehicle is on the ground) and discovered some play in it. Both sides do it. Can’t imagine this is normal. Any thoughts?? Hoping I didn’t get screwed on this deal. Thanks!

Check the wheel bearings and make sure they are tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom