Front axle rebuild - OEM P/Ns here (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B - dude, you now rival Wench for having the most free time. :D

Seriously though - awesome post dude. :beer:

Junk,

you now rival Wench for having the most free time.

The astute among us (that's not you Junk  :G) will notice that was posted at 1:30 in the morning. I was at work on time this morning.

The sacrifices we make for fame and fortune. I'm desperately trying to catch up with Wench's post count but it seems like the more information I share with the group, the more he pulls ahead of me.
-B-
(I'll figure this out some day.)

B,

Your post count may not be as high as Wench's, but it is actually significant. 400 doesn't mean jack if there is no useful info included. Keep up the good work. You have helped me immensely. Thanks!

Here's my latest dealer P/N and costs (picked them up over the weekend) --

Eric :G

LinkPhoto

Hi everyone, please bear with me, as this is my first post to resolve a maintenance problem. I searched thru the 80 series maintenance threads, and couldn't find a post relating specifically to this issue. As I was replacing my front rotors yesterday, I noticed that the inner hub wiper seal spring had gotten between the wiper and the wiper surface, deeply gouging a groove in the wiper surface of the knuckle spindle, too deep to "emery cloth" it away. Dealer recommendation is to replace the knuckle spindle ($270+), or I could go looking at the junkyard. When I was young ;) I used to install "jiffy sleeves" or "speedy sleeves" on damaged wiper surfaces of the crankshaft pulleys and front spindles of the Peterbilts I used to work on. Being a little rusty, I forgot to mic the diameter of the wiper surface, so I could get the correct size sleeve for the application. 1) Would a sleeve be a satisfactory way to go to resolve this issue? 2) Does anyone know the diameter of this wiper surface so that I don't have to tear down the wheel to mic it? 3) I would appreciate any input concerning this particular maintenance issue. Thank you

Hi everyone, please bear with me, as this is my first post to resolve a maintenance problem. I searched thru the 80 series maintenance threads, and couldn't find a post relating specifically to this issue. As I was replacing my front rotors yesterday, I noticed that the inner hub wiper seal spring had gotten between the wiper and the wiper surface, deeply gouging a groove in the wiper surface of the knuckle spindle, too deep to "emery cloth" it away. Dealer recommendation is to replace the knuckle spindle ($270+), or I could go looking at the junkyard. When I was young ;) I used to install "jiffy sleeves" or "speedy sleeves" on damaged wiper surfaces of the crankshaft pulleys and front spindles of the Peterbilts I used to work on. Being a little rusty, I forgot to mic the diameter of the wiper surface, so I could get the correct size sleeve for the application. 1) Would a sleeve be a satisfactory way to go to resolve this issue? 2) Does anyone know the diameter of this wiper surface so that I don't have to tear down the wheel to mic it? 3) I would appreciate any input concerning this particular maintenance issue. Thank you

I don't have an answer for you, but you may have better luck if you repost this in a new thread with a title pertaining directly to your question.

Good luck!

Thanx for your reply! Sorry to be such a newb, but, where is the link to start a new thread??

No problem.

Exit this thread, and go into the 80's forum (where you found this thread). In the upper left-hand corner, above the thread subject titles, you'll find a button called something like "New Thread" or "Start New Thread". Click on it, and then fill out the applicable fields, then press the "Post Thread" button.

Make sure that you enter something useful like "Axle Re-build P/N Questions" and not "Hey I'm a Newb guess what?" or something similarly inane. That will get you more replies.

Good luck.

Beowulf,

Great post. I requested CDan before for a complete parts list as well. I cross-referenced what you posted and what CDan provided. There seems to be a part number: 12157-20010 that I don't see in your list. Do you know what 12157-20010 refers to?

Also, maybe there can be a separate post for Rear Axle Rebuild - OEM P/Ns.
Below is the list provided by CDan. I don't have FSM/EPC so I don't know the "part description" of these numbers

Rear axle:
12157-10010 x2
90311-62002 x2
90310-35001 x2
43422-60040 x2

Beowulf,

Great post. I requested CDan before for a complete parts list as well. I cross-referenced what you posted and what CDan provided. There seems to be a part number: 12157-20010 that I don't see in your list. Do you know what 12157-20010 refers to?

Also, maybe there can be a separate post for Rear Axle Rebuild - OEM P/Ns.
Below is the list provided by CDan. I don't have FSM/EPC so I don't know the "part description" of these numbers

Rear axle:
12157-10010 x2
90311-62002 x2
90310-35001 x2
43422-60040 x2

His list is almost 4 years old...that might have something to do with it...

Beowulf, Thanks for the great list & prices. Seeing as the post is over 4 years old any idea how much the prices have increased? I am getting ready to do the job and want to budget the "A" list. I want to do everything & do it right once.

Thanks again!

First thanks for Beowulf for supporting all of us by providing above material!

Today I ordered from Toyo local dealer most of group A parts, I went to bearing supplier and got bearings, all OEM part number are still valid and almost same price, except pricing on 90313-93003 which is Dust Seal, it is quoted now for USD $70, EACH, this part is essential for knuckle rebuilt, and rising this single part price make ordering parts separetly vs by kit about the same price. Anybody run into this same end, or it's just me?

In the worst case, I am thinking to clean well this dust seal, and reuse it, any recomendation like using RTV, FIPG ?

Last edited:
In the worst case, I am thinking to clean well this dust seal, and reuse it, any recomendation like using RTV, FIPG ?

I would not reuse any of the seals or gaskets in the knuckle, even if they look okay. You want at least 50k+ miles and more likely 75-80k miles on a rebuild and you won't get that reusing these parts because stuff will start seeping and leaking. Just my 2 cents....

Ok, I got your point, thanks.. I will look elsewhere for Dust Seal, and keep other OEM~~

For anyone that's interested....I added all the parts from "List A" to a shopping cart on *toyotapartsdeal.com and it came out to $503.06 before shipping. Shipping and tax brought that up to $576.97 for east coast shipping. Do we have any vendors on here that can beat that price?

For anyone that's interested....I added all the parts from "List A" to a shopping cart on *toyotapartsdeal.com and it came out to $503.06 before shipping. Shipping and tax brought that up to $576.97 for east coast shipping. Do we have any vendors on here that can beat that price?
There are vendors who sell complete kits.
@cruiseroutfit is just 1

We can absolutely beat that @ Cruiser Outfitters. If your OK with high quality Japanese aftermarket, we can beat that by hundreds. We can also assemble all OEM Toyota boxed kits but your literally paying double in cases for a red Toyota box instead of a blue Koyo box :D

You can read more about our many knuckle kit offerings here on Mud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom