Front and Rear Lockers Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryan E said:
Biff, Thanks for the pic's and update on your install. Wish it was all on DVD for us awaiting this project. Your truck is looking really sharp! Great job!

Thanks Bryan, I thought about the DVD but my camera man wanted to many cookies, and had to take a nap. :)

Victor, nice job.... Get some Mudd terrains now and you'll be instoppable!!! :cheers:

Biff said:
Sure this is the list

Two ARB lockers $700 each
One ARB compressor $200
One heavy duty ARB line $40
Front and rear 4:56 gears $410 for both
Six litters of gear oil $5 each
four tubes of greese $3.50
Lots of brake cleaner
Lots of paper towels
Full bearing replacement,gaskets and seals from Dan ofcourse, I think $140 maybe more can't remember exact #.
Since I was in the front axles I did a full birth job, $80 for stuff I didn't already have.
Slee manifold and compressor mount (see website)

This is most of the stuff. I'll add more if I remember. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Wow, so you're in it over $2500 easy, and that's doing almost all the work yourself.

cc93cruiser said:
Victor, nice job.... Get some Mudd terrains now and you'll be instoppable!!! :cheers:

Don't get me started on the M/Ts. Been tempted to switch them out for the a/ts but I figured I can wait.

Last edited:
Good job Vic. Say, will the kid have any money left for his college education at this rate? :D

Ali

alia176 said:
Good job Vic. Say, will the kid have any money left for his college education at this rate? :D

Ali

Hmmm good question, lets just say I'm hopping he chooses community college instead of a university. :D

hmmmm....

:idea:
looks like someone's ready for a Rubicon trip :D

Maybe it'll be the university of MUD!!

Rookie2 said:
Wow, so you're in it over $2500 easy, and that's doing almost all the work yourself.

Yep, just the ARB stuff is $2010 :eek: Not a cheap investment, but well worth it for the kinda of rig I have always wanted.

NorCalDoug said:
hmmmm....

:idea:
looks like someone's ready for a Rubicon trip :D

Sounds like a good idea, next time you Norcal guys plan a trip count me in.

Awesome work Victor!

If I had a choice, my 80 would have ARB's over the factory lockers...

Now go out and USE them!

CruisinGA said:
Awesome work Victor!

If I had a choice, my 80 would have ARB's over the factory lockers...

Now go out and USE them!

Why ARBs over OEM lockers?

Biff said:
Why ARBs over OEM lockers?

Fish on!! I just knew this would start after that last comment. :rolleyes:

Biff awesome job....Look forward to seeing it on the trail.

To comment on the ARB v. Oem comment (since I am currently in the market for blessing my 80 with locking ability), how much would it be to just get new diffs w/ electronic lockers from toyota? Of course you'd have to get the computer and all the wires etc, but has anyone priced it out? I'll be asking the Toyota guy I know at the dealership, but wanted to get a heads up on what you all may know. I know slee has the tech on it, but it doesn't get into price.

-Sam-

Last edited:
PKP80 said:

To comment on the ARB v. Oem comment (since I am currently in the market for blessing my 80 with locking ability), how much would it be to just get new diffs w/ electronic lockers from toyota? Of course you'd have to get the computer and all the wires etc, but has anyone priced it out? I'll be asking the Toyota guy I know at the dealership, but wanted to get a heads up on what you all may know. I know slee has the tech on it, but it doesn't get into price.

-Sam-

Sammy boy,

I think as you research this more it's best to swap out the whole axel with toy lockers all ready in them... Start looking for a donor truck, it's just not cost effective to retro toy electric lockers into open diffs... From what I’ve read.

-Matt

Last edited:
PKP80 said:

-Sam-

To pricey, finding a doner rig is the best course of action. Plus I don't see big advantage in him OEM lockers as oppose to ARBS. I think both serve there purposes, and both have weakness and strenghts

ARB's are more simple, do not wear out/slow down with time (actuator motor), and engage/disengage MUCH quicker.

Nothing major, just owning both I slightly prefer my ARB to the OEM's.

Not a big deal. :cheers:

CruisinGA said:
ARB's are more simple, do not wear out/slow down with time (actuator motor), and engage/disengage MUCH quicker.

Nothing major, just owning both I slightly prefer my ARB to the OEM's.

Not a big deal. :cheers:

I have to agree, from my experience driving a LC with OEM locks, and now driving my LC with ARBs I find the lockers engage/disengage much quicker. In any case I would have spent on a locked cruiser about the same amount I spent installing the ARBS on my unlocked cruiser. In the end I get a newer part, but even out with a locked cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom