Fridge Slide & Power Cord Management (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
After dealing with this for a few years it's time I asked what everyone else is doing to avoid this issue. My Outback Solutions Drawers has the fridge slide on it with a 12v outlet I mounted on the rear of it. When I roll the fridge out the cord of course travels with it and then when I close the slide it will want to run over the cord, sometimes pinching and sometimes jamming the slide.

Anyone have a way to handle this? (sorry for it being dark, this was last night)

Last edited:
I've had this same problem for years. I've been thinking about using a retracting key reel to keep power cord from getting pinched.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450715283.277302.jpg

I just use this S clip wrap it around the Speski barrier or the head rest support. The fridge cord slides easily through. I found the clip at Sports Authority for like 5 or 6 bucks.

Sent from my iPad

@Xetabur I've thought about a reel setup of some sort as well but haven't found much to work that out.

@rb4638 Might be able to adapt that off of the second row headrest.

Sent from my iPhone

OK, both of you have my gears turning a bit. This may be a good hybrid solution. Hook to the 2nd row headrest post and clamp on the cord (just need to clamp it on the fridge end but also clamp the fridge end to the actual fridge so it doesn't unplug itself with the tensioner:

http://amzn.com/B0088MQGBO

Got the tether and it seems to be the ticket. I went with the large since it was stiffer, thought that would give it more resistance to help retract the cord. I rigged the coord so that the tether doesn't telescope for the whole extension. It just kicks in right at the end and then the cord droop takes care of the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom