Frame repair and repower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And now the best part. Little backstory on why. Last January we were on a family vacation in Mexico and my dad had a heart attack. He was dying in the hospital and a machine was breathing for him, things were, to say the least, extremely bleak. He needed a quad bypass and the hospital he was in was not equipped for that, we all kissed him goodbye certain he was going to die. The next day we arrived at the hospital and received some very good news, he was improving! The Dr's said if he got home to Canada he would be better off, so a life flight was arranged and he came home. The recovery was difficult but he did it and this year he drew a moose tag, and by gawd he gotterdun! Moose came out at 75 yards and he nailed him! Things could not have been better, said that kind of excitement is good for your heart!

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

Great news about your old man 73. I'm currently writing a film about the father-son relationship - there's a lot to delve into.

You're not serious about the exhaust though..? I know you lads like to just tho at sumbitch in ayer but really..?

Thanks Cult, it was a pretty emotional moment for both of us. As for the exhaust it is only temporary to get it on the trailer and to the exhaust shop, my two buddies did that while I was working on other things, and I thought it was a good, simple idea, still pretty loud tho

Great good news story and congrats on the successfull hunt. Looks like Bullwinkle was a pretty good load for your ATV trailer.

Happy Thanksgiving

Good story. Looks like a years supply of moose burgers. It's lovely to see three generations together out in the bush enjoying themselves. As the bumper sticker says, "Kids that shoot and fish, don't steal and deal."

I couldn't agree more brother, busy kids stay out of trouble, I did.

Great good news story and congrats on the successfull hunt. Looks like Bullwinkle was a pretty good load for your ATV trailer.

Happy Thanksgiving

Ya he filled it right up, when I built it I thought about making a tailgate but decided to make it rigid, sure could have used a tailgate that night.

And a Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha!

Thought I'd throw this sumbitch out there to all the sumbitches

sumbitch.jpg

Pulling the tranny this week.....................stay tuned

Finally! Christmas wishes like I like 'em!

Pulled the motor today and checked the clutch, nothing obvious...........s***. So we changed the entire clutch ( I hoard all kinds of parts ) didn't get the truck fired but we had the rear wheels on stands and everything we could check seemed to indicate all good. Also checked through the input shaft to see if my adapter was broken by spinning it and getting d shafts to turn in 2 and 4 wheel. Took us about 4 hrs total, hopefully we fixed something?

Update! Moved under it's own power today for the first time, terrorized the neighbors with open exhaust while I tooled around up and down the street, looove loooove love the power steering! Still some things to work out but I am over the hump, maybe get exhaust next payday. How bout dat!

IMG_0057.JPG

Man I'm so excited for you! You can probably hear it from up there!! How does it drive?? Dayam!!

When your boss tho's at sumbitch in ayer bank account, you can take it down the 'zaust shop and tho at sumbitchin cash in ayer 'zaust shops till, and they can tho at thar 'zaust in ayer!!

Man I'm so excited for you! You can probably hear it from up there!! How does it drive?? Dayam!!

When your boss tho's at sumbitch in ayer bank account, you can take it down the 'zaust shop and tho at sumbitchin cash in ayer 'zaust shops till, and they can tho at thar 'zaust in ayer!!

picard-winning1.png

Terrorized the hood some more tonight with my open headers......property values are up for sure. Had to turn it around in my shop so I could get the bumper on, tighten some things and put cotter pins in a few key steering items. Talked to the zaust guy and sent him some pics and he said " ya man, we are gonna do something cool for you ", he suggested 2 into 1, 3" zaust. Zaust on Friday morning! Steering box just fits around the bumper, like to say I planned it that way but I built the bumper 3 years ago.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Well.

Zaust is in and man does it sound good! Still a few things to iron out but I actually drove it today for the first time in well over a year. Have to say the power steering is one of the best upgrades you can do IMHO. Just under $500 Canadian Pesos to tho at sumbitch in ayer!

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom