Frame repair and repower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lookin good. You'll be making rooster tails in the mud in no time. Of course we want to see video of that too.

Well.

Another HUGE day today, kicked the s*** out of a bunch of little things, put the interior back in after I vacuumed out all the dirt, got my Princess Auto ( that's the Canadian Harbor Freight ) gauges installed, new seat belts are in,

Then we fired that bad sumbitch up!!!!!! oh man nothing like open headers to pressure test the neighbors on a Tuesday night!!!!!!! No video yet as the rad isn't hooked up and I am still having a few small glitches with the wiring, how does the saying go? Oh What A Feeling!!!

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

Also cut out and got ready for the power steering, some parts here tomorrow if they made the Greyhound from Four Wheel Auto, Thanks Dan! And The rest is coming from Flaming River, gawd, my poor VISA, UPS says next Tuesday. Going to make an appointment for exhaust for Thursday morning, then go Elk hunting on Friday..................if it all works out that is. Fxxx me am I excited to drive this truck!

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

YES!!!!

GReat feeling i bet man. Oddly im super excited here haha. Living my 45 dream through you i guess. Man i regret selling mine.... er no not really haha.

Yes it's awesome to fire a new motor, even if it ran in another truck, still feels good.

Today I got busy on the shroud, turned out pretty good I think.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

Also got the box bolted on and a picture of how my filler for the rear tank will be installed.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

My 9 year old son " driving " and a PSA about how sharp freshly cut sheet metal can be.......I generally don't wear gloves but sometimes I should

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

My 9 year old son " driving " and a PSA about how sharp freshly cut sheet metal can be.......I generally don't wear gloves but sometimes I should

View attachment 1315501

View attachment 1315502
Ouch, hope you got the leak in your had stopped OK. Nice job on the shroud!! I haven't seen those copper devises holding it together were you riveted. How do they work,what are they called and where do you get them?

Thanks man, you know its funny you say that because I am also rebuilding a 1959 Willys wagon, and he asked me one night "dad which one will be mine "...well...both of them eventually I guess. You can check out the thread on Pirate, link is in my sig. Last long weekend of summer, we are going camping.

Well, update for everyone. Got all my steering parts yesterday, got everything done late last night, been working until midnight pretty much every night, got it fired this morning to load on the trailer to go get exhaust done, put it in gear...............and nothing. Checked all the obvious , transfer case not in neutral, slave is bled and moving. I can put it in gear with no clutch, no grinding, no going. I may have installed the clutch backward, dunno. Anyway I'm still going elk hunting tomorrow just not in my Cruiser, figure it out in a couple weeks. Rats.

Man! I had that problem the first time I installed my 12HT. It turned out that I had used the incorrect clutch fork. That was a bad day!!!!!!

Well some sumbitch gon' pay! Lucky you have rifles to let off some steam. Shroud looks ace, fuel filler looks ace, son looks happy - happy dayze!

Here are some pics from just before I went hunting. Temporary exhaust, steering box, fuel filler, and a couple poser shots.

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

And of course some hunting pics, my buddies BJ 60, and some assorted pics. We got ourselves into a herd of Elk on the second morning and twice got within 30 yards of a bull with our bows, no shot but super exciting nevertheless.

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom