Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh we did, Adam bailed due to aging truck and no time to fix it, but we survived another adventure and another wheel falling off, this time during the big river crossing. I was lucky enough to be just driving out of the river so I could winch myself out but had to jump out to stop my tire from floating down the river. Good thing I threw in a few new studs so we could fix it up and drive on. Lots of snow this winter crushed lots of trees and it was a big chainsaw fest but we made it to the second river crossing and had a nice adventure in there ;)
IMG_7308.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_7320.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG
IMG_7325.JPG
IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2228.JPG

So how deep is that crossing? Wheel studs, good idea.

It was some of the highest water we have seen at the crossing, it got over the hood a couple times, but we have made it across one year when it was over the hood almost the whole way. My truck is sprung over on 2.5 leafs and 36's, not sure how high that is. I do have a video or two, but not sure if I can figure out how to post them again, plus how to get them off my phone ;)
Cheers,

Look like a lot of fun. I've seen the previous pictures, just had to ask.

Just cause cruiser pilot asked and it's been a little slow around here ;)

Well, damn! Thanks for posting that. I've figured out it has to be posted to youtube first.
Can't just post video, they are too big a file. Can post the panoramic pics now though.
I'll have to come up there, looks like fun.
I usually travel alone, and always worry that the one 1 ( or 6 ) things I need I won't have.

Sketchy. Time for a full floating rear end for the 60.
Do you ever consider going full Aussie and doing the tarp or water bra across the bullbar for a crossing like this?

Ha ha, this isn't even the sketchiest crossing I have done. I crossed this river up at the 2nd crossing and got pushed sideways and around a bend into a deep spot. Water rushing over the hood, over the windshield and up onto the roof (although the water on the side of the truck was up halfway up the side window) and with the snorkel turned backwards the truck kept running. Diesels are submarines, as long as they have air they will run. Ive never had a problem with engine trouble in the water, knock on wood ;) Snorkle is essential with crossings like this, although my buddy with his bronco never has run a snorkel and he has only drowned it once on a stupid crossing where he miss judged the depth, but most of the crossings on this trail we know exactly what to expect. I would consider more if it were unknown big crossings.

So we went out on the long weekend, again just Jay, Me, and our significant others. I ran into power stearing issues early but was going to push though. I brought the military trailer to load up with rocks to make the exit out of the river a little easier. Jay had new winch and bumper as well as 40 inch militaries to combat his sidewall issues.
IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Anyway Jays sidewalls held up, but blew both front tires off the rim in a mud hole that had frozen sides halfway down the trail, so after spending the night and fixing things we decided to turn around and camp at the first river crossing for the rest of the weekend. We did a bit of hiking and hiked to the backside of the falls. Was a nice relaxing weekend. Hopefully be able to head in there August long to make it in further ;)
IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

Little less water by August I suspect. Looks like fun.

Just Amanda and I and our dog made the trek in August. Was nice and relaxing, but the power steering pump didn't last long, need a new one I guess, the bushings must be too far gone. Water was higher then normal for August because of all the rains we were having, but the weather was nice while we were there and water went down.
IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

Next time I head to Yukon, I’ll let you know cause I’m going up your way. Been
travelling the Stewart-Cassiar the last while and it’s time for a change. Beautiful
country through there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom