Wanted Found. A pre '63 250 mm adjustable wrench for '63 -'65 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
Threads
I need the '63-'65 version of the oval pad, TEQ symbol, 250 mm adjustable wrench. It should say "Made in Japan" on the reverse. As shown from two of @wscbill 's photos.

For trade I have the earlier, pre '63 wrench (oval pad, TEQ symbol, _no_ country of origin). The dark one pictured.
20180925_230926.jpg

For this style:
20180925_230020.jpg

20180926_132752.jpg

Last edited:
Well all I have are ones that say made in China. Not sure what year they're for. :hillbilly: bump.

My new Toyota 250 mm adjustable says "Korea". Not a bad thing. I just want to get one thing right.

Still hopin'.

Bump

Found one with 'Made in Japan' and the TEQ symbol, but no oval pad. Close, but no cigar.

Last edited:
Maybe a touch over the top for your average Cruiser-head, but totally expected in many of the other car-hobby circles I travel in.

Found one with 'Made in Japan' and the TEQ symbol, but no oval pad.

Hey HelloKitty65, you seem to be very informed on this subject and I can't find my answer anywhere online.

I have a "TEQ" "Made in Japan" adjustable wrench without the oval, do you have any more info about this style? Years or make it came with? I can't even find a photo of one like it online. Thanks!

Like this?
All the good authoritative stuff by @wscbill was taken down. :(
All I have to go on is memory, which is risky.
The oval pad was an early feature, pre-dating the 250mm adjustible wrenches without it. ~1965 it went away.
"Made in Japan" was a brief feature, only a couple years? It was new ~1964-1965, not sure when it was gone.
I'll guess this wrench was in a large canvass FJ40 tool roll ~1966-1967. I think by 1968 they only said "Japan". Toyota may have put them in other vehicles during this same period too, I don't really know.
20190315_235419.jpg
20190315_235415.jpg

@dmamj, do you know the answer to this question?

That is exactly it!

Mine is a lot worse for wear than that one. I was working on a family friend's boat and helping him do some maintenance in the engine room and didn't even realize for the longest time the tool I had been working with was a Toyota one. He said it was on the boat when he bought it and so he let me keep it.

Been searching around everywhere for info, thanks for the quick reply!

Has 'RIT27' near the end on the 'Toyota' side. Again thank you for the information, I have been curious about its origins for a while now.

Hey there. Thanks and credit to wscbill also, yeah, the TEQ, Made in Japan, no oval wrench came in 63-65 tool kits. The RIT27 is actually HIT27. HIT was the manufacturer of the wrenches. I don't know what the numbers designate. That's kind of a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom