Found a fj45lv on the way to work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks
I've used this site for the awesome info for years, but never really had much to share till now.

I have always loved Toyota's since I bought my first one 18 years ago. Ive owned at least 10 in various states since then, from the 82 4wd with 17k miles on It to the 86 one ton dually that I regret selling.

So I was doing some work on a property that was being sold when a iconic front end caught my eye.

I had to check it out and when I got closer I realized that this fj had more doors than I was used to seeing.

There where a few other pieces of steel slowly sinking back to the earth

First time this door has been opened in a decade at least

I made a deal with the owner and after a few days of cutting her out of the bushes she was free.

Surprisingly, all 4 of the 30+ year old tires held air!

I didnt find any paperwork in the glove box.

My friend and all around awesome dude Jim Putney loaned me a trailer and helped me load her up.

I'm uploading some more pictures and will post em in a few.

I decided to sell it rather than store it untill I could get around to doing something with it.

It just so happens that the cruiser swap meet in Petaluma is coming up and I thought of dragging it over there as I was already thinking of going before I found this.

Nice rescue!

What a drama queen.

No price in your Craigslist ad. Trying to ingratiate yourself here by stating that you have used the site for years. Posting a for sale ad masquerading as a photo link. And staging its presence at an upcoming swap meet as mere coincidence. C'mon man.

I8atebullshitters.

Just post the dang truck in the correct classifieds section with a price and enjoy life with a measure of dignity.

I hang out over at pirate4x mostly and it was suggested that I post over here you cranky old fart.

Waterproofing a smittybuilt winch is a thread that comes to mind that I have used.

I don't have a cruiser and didn't know much about the 45lv untill I found this one, so didn't register till now. I have no idea what to ask for the cruiser.

I'm on a phone and loading mass amount of pictures is a pain, craigslist has free picture hosting.

I found this a month ago, I hauled it home Tuesday night.

I'm in the middle of a slow solid axle swap on my 86 4runner and I have a huge collection of go fast parts and random Toyota crap that I thought of taking to the swap meet to offload. It just made sense to me but believe what ever you want.

I hang out on pirate also and made the suggestion he put it up here for help with understanding value. And I am looking forward to seeing it at the swapmeet, but I think it's probably going to be sold by then.

After looking around the internet and trying to find a reasonable price range, I put 7k obo in the craigslist ad. Prices seem to be all over the place. Input on my pricing is welcome, name calling is not :flipoff2:

I'm going to head over to my friends house where it is stored and take some better pictures and check out the motor today.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the rear hatch unlocked without a key? I open and closed it a few times when I was cleaning it out and then must of locked it or something because it won't budge now. I guess I can take off the panel and check it out.

I'm guessing the large dent on the roof will hinder some interest from potential buyers.

IMG_0146.JPG

It's still in pretty good shape and all intact. My LV roof is showing rust holes like Swiss cheese...not sure if a big dent is worse than lots of small holes. It will sell fast at 7k.

It actualy looks like it would pop back up, but I didn't mess with it.
There is some Bondo around the body like it had been semi restored and painted at some point. Unfortunately most of the rust looks like it happened while sitting under the manzanita, there is some rust on the drip edge in a couple spots and where the water pooled under the drivers seat. The rear cargo area looks to be surprisingly in good shape

The 45lv is on its way to it's new place of rest and relaxation, evidently the new owner has a few of these, so it went to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom