** SOLD Tire kickers kicked, I fixed two small oil leaks, replaced the sensor on the Center Diff and replaced both calipers..... not much left to do, other than drive her....SOLD. 1994 FJ80 TRIPLE LOCKED & LOADED - FREE TO A GOOD HOME - $9,500 Adoption fee, OBO
My son’s mall crawling days are over. Actually, he’s still in high school, and never crawled at the mall....I drove it to the mall. He’s got a friggin 4.77 GPA and wanted a Mustang... so the TLC days are numbered.
Up for sale is a very nice, clean, straight southern truck, rust free (except the ball on the stock hitch and some surface rust on the exhaust system), garage kept (recently) FJ80. Truck was wheeled ONCE (by me), and performed flawlessly. OK, it was only Hurricanese Creek trail, and a RAV4 would have been fine except for the one hole.... There’s no need for me to brag on it - it’s an -80.... it was the Great White Hype... his Yeti... but now this truck can be yours, or hers... you missed it for Valentines Day, but Memorial Day is coming. I’m putting the money into my -40. Vintage Air, rear locker install, motor refresh.... maybe an LS1 swap.... never mind that....
The short story....
I bought the truck for him to drive in high school. I bought it because y’all showed me how bad ass (and woefully slow) an -80 is. He never got a speeding ticket in it. Hell, the po-po never even gave him a second look.... I wanted it for me, but I had a plan.... now the plan has run full course. Purchased with 298k miles I think... I wasn’t worried; Marshall has over 400k on one.
Posting to LCLC, Upstate and ONSC sites for one week. I have more pics. Including the undercarriage, which is dirty, because my 17 yo son doesn’t understand “wash the truck, REALLY GOOD’ before I take pics to sell it.
- Front knuckles rebuilt, <5k miles ago - because they leak, eventually.
- Radiator replaced, last year. Didn’t want to, but it gave up the ghost, so...
- New interior - leather &cushions. Front and middle row. Feels like the S American seamstresses did a phenomenal job. 3rd row is in the closet, and looks like new (as do most). Third row will be included in the sale, I don’t need them either.
- Throttle cable assembly replaced @ LexTech - because Glenn knows what he’s doing like no ones business - and I wanted it done right.
- PHH replaced @ 300k miles. While it was at Lex Tech - see explanation above about Glenn knowing his s***.
- Truck has @ 313,000 miles but looks like 113k miles. Sure, some of the pi striping is missing, but how would you look after 300k miles driving with your head out the window? OK, then.
- All windows work. And all windows are original Toyota glass (well, maybe not ‘Original’ - I’m the 5th owner.
- Antenna works - but my wife recommends lowering it before driving it thru an automatic car wash... SMDH
- Sunroof works - tilt and slide, no leaks. NO, she knows to close the sunroof at the car wash... the antennae surprised her.
- Yes, the AC works. And it will drip condensate on your flip flop Wearing GF in the passenger seat as it blows cold air....
- Yes, the LOCKERS WORK; NO - I didn’t 7 wire it - it came like this from Mr Toyota himself.
- Not that you’ll need them, it’s an 80.... it’ll drive thru hell in 4H. But not until you hand over the benjamins.
- Glenn replaced the ‘actuator’ when we bought the truck. See #4 and #5 again.
- Truck will have a full tank of gas, so you can get half way to where your going. Bring $20 to get rest of way.
- Truck has an aftermarket head unit with back up camera - so they didn’t ding up the back bumper at the mall.
* No tire kicking, the General Grabber red letter tires are bad ass, no need to poke the bear. No low ball offers. I’ll respond, but it won’t be cordial. I’m not giving the truck away, if I don’t sell it, i’ll be driving it also because this truck should have been named Truck Norris....
View attachment 1923984
View attachment 1923985
View attachment 1923986
View attachment 1923987
View attachment 1923989
I can help. Sending you PMI need a section of upholstery from the bucket seats in a a late model FJ40 that has not faded. I am recovering a set of aftermarket seats and would like to get the gray as close as possible. PM me if you can help me out. I will be glad to make it worth your time.
1994 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80
- 200k miles I6 4.5 1FZ-FE (still has some life as per LexTech)
- Green with clear pealing
- Bald 35"
- Stock gearing
- No lockers
- Slee 6in springs
- OME shocks
- Slee adjustable panhards front and rear
- Slee sway bar extensions (sway bars removed) will be installed if needs be
- Slee front control arms
- Slee SS brake lines
- Needs New Battery
- ARB bull bar
- T-max 12,500 winch
- Stock Factory radio
- front speakers replaced
- Specter off-road camo seat covers
- remanufactured brake calipers w/ new pads
- New radiator, fanclutch,
- High output alt from sequia, new belts
- frontaxle has been rebuilt
- Rear IPOR bumper
- AC still blows cold
- no carpet, no headliner
- selling AS IS
I have seen may TLCs do Tellico, NC with just offroad tires.
All this TLC needs is Rock sliders, regear diffs and lockers.