Folding Camp Kitchen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The answer is here: "The :princess: sent me this link:". So that's all the feedback you really need.

I like simple. A simple folding table like this REI one packs flat.
View attachment 2166283
All important, the cross bars near the ground. You can pile big rocks on them for stability, and so it doesn't blow away in the wind. I have two sizes. One like pictured. But favored is a smaller single piece one (all you really need to keep a stove off the ground.
I have a mega Coleman kitchen, it always stays home.
Nice.
I'll give it to you that simple and easy is the most flexible.

Yep. Camping is about being out there with less stuff to worry about, not more stuff that creates more chores.

I have to remind myself of this mantra at times.

Yeah, cheap and simple is high on my list. Less crap to take out means faster setup and faster teardown with more time for relaxing and enjoying to camping experience.

This table top was a piece of recycled marine ply and mounted to an old folding camp set of legs (I've posted this pic before).

table.jpg

And in use in the oz bush. All basic cooking stuff (oil, herbs/spices) lives in a plastic container. Easy to organize and to snap shut to keep the creepie crawlies out - including birds that love to peck at stuff.

metzke.jpg

The tailgate also performs table duty:

pancake.jpg

I guess I'm just a practical cheapskate :)

cheers,
george.

Yeah, cheap and simple is high on my list. Less crap to take out means faster setup and faster teardown with more time for relaxing and enjoying to camping experience.

This table top was a piece of recycled marine ply and mounted to an old folding camp set of legs (I've posted this pic before).

table.jpg

And in use in the oz bush. All basic cooking stuff (oil, herbs/spices) lives in a plastic container. Easy to organize and to snap shut to keep the creepie crawlies out - including birds that love to peck at stuff.

metzke.jpg

The tailgate also performs table duty:

pancake.jpg

I guess I'm just a practical cheapskate :)

cheers,
george.
That area looks just like South Texas with the red dirt and brush

^ pretty well all of australia (once you get 50 - 100 miles or so inland) looks like that other than farmland and some desert areas :)

You can easily tell if a vehicle has been into the oz outback, just look for the red dust.

cheers,
george.

I still use lots of stuff that my father left me. I have a 50+ year old Coleman accordion stand that holds my 50+ year old Bernzomatic stove. Stand takes up very little room when folded and makes a very stable stove platform. I use a table for the rest, with some cheap plastic stackable dishpans for dish washing duty. Cheap, easy, practical.

I still use lots of stuff that my father left me. I have a 50+ year old Coleman accordion stand that holds my 50+ year old Bernzomatic stove. Stand takes up very little room when folded and makes a very stable stove platform. I use a table for the rest, with some cheap plastic stackable dishpans for dish washing duty. Cheap, easy, practical.
Pictures!

I'll see what I can do. Most camping stuff is stowed for the winter, but there probably is some pictures from adventures. Now to find them...

We use the Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen. The table sets up in about five minutes, pretty sturdy, and the wife likes the working surface and sink.

fj camp.jpg

Yup have one of those coleman kitchen thingies in my Amazon list to purchase. Family member has one a couple years ago when we all went camping and it was just super convenient to have it all right there. Love the lantern hook too.

Question, what Kitchen box is that @TexasGMG ??? Been looking at making or getting something like that to hold main essentials, otherwise everything lives in big storage containers, but can be a bitch to find certain things.

I sold my Coleman kitchen thing for $50 and I should've asked $75 as the thing went in 15 min :bang:

I need to build a cabinet that stays in the cargo and maybe a drawer or two comes out with stuff. I'm really disliking pulling out bins/totes every eve then put everything back inside. Digging for s*** really annoys me on many levels. If I can figure out a way to house all cooking things AND non perishable items in this cabinet, my sphincter might loosen up a tad :hillbilly:

Basically, I'm tired of having yard sales when we move camp daily. For a basecamp, having a yard sale isn't a big deal to me.

Yup have one of those coleman kitchen thingies in my Amazon list to purchase. Family member has one a couple years ago when we all went camping and it was just super convenient to have it all right there. Love the lantern hook too.

Question, what Kitchen box is that @TexasGMG ??? Been looking at making or getting something like that to hold main essentials, otherwise everything lives in big storage containers, but can be a bitch to find certain things.

It's made from these plans. Modified it a little, but this basically it.

I just use this roll up table and the Camp Chief stove.
Less gear and packs up fairly small.
Cabellas

stove.jpg

camp-table.jpg

Last edited:
We use the Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen. The table sets up in about five minutes, pretty sturdy, and the wife likes the working surface and sink.

View attachment 2259934

We have that Coleman (or maybe a knock off, can't recall) and it's quite handy once set up for longer stays. It sets up fairly well, but folding it back up is always a pain in the ass as those expanding scissor bar/supports flex all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom