Foggy windows and windshield only passenger side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y’all,

I’ve tried googling and searching the forum, but can’t find anything related to this issue.

Condensation won’t go away on all the passenger side windows and the passenger half of my windshield. It rained in Athens today. Took the car out to grab chick fil a after the rain let up. Turned on the front and rear defrost, and windshield cleared up only on the driver side. It’s odd, but it’s pretty much exactly half of the windshield that clears up right away. The entire rear window was clear. All of the windows along the driver side were clear, and the windows on the passenger side stayed totally fogged up.

I’ve noticed this before when condensation builds up, and I have no clue why it would happen. I’ve checked the vent along the windshield and both sides of the dash, and they all blow air the same temperature.

Any thoughts here? Worth a trip to the mechanic?

Sounds like a blend door servo on passenger side isn't moving.

Sounds like a blend door servo on passenger side isn't moving.

It definitely needs to be replaced - makes a lot of noise when temp isn’t set to max heat or max cold. That being said, when I run the heat or AC, the temp seems consistent across the vents.

Would the blend door servo impact the vents along the dash? When I move my hand across the dash vent, the air feels the same temp. I can deal with the side windows being foggy, but half the windshield staying foggy is kinda concerning.

Depends on where it is stuck. It isn't that hard to replace the servo, it's behind the glove on the left on the center console area (back in the guts).

Is the condenser draining properly when the A/C is on? My mom's car (not a Toyota) did weird stuff and it turns out the drain hose was clogged.

Depends on where it is stuck. It isn't that hard to replace the servo, it's behind the glove on the left on the center console area (back in the guts).

Yeah, the passenger one isn’t too bad, especially compared to the nightmare that are the two on the drivers side. Since I’m getting the evaporator core replaced next month, I’ll just hold off and let them do the servos, too.

Is the condenser draining properly when the A/C is on? My mom's car (not a Toyota) did weird stuff and it turns out the drain hose was clogged.

Huh, that’s a good question. I’ll have to look into that. Right now the ac doesn’t blow cold (evaporator core leak). So it hasn’t been on the last week or two.

That can actually be your issue. If the core is toast you aren't getting the dehumidification you would normally get (which is collected and drained out of the core through the drain). That humidity is building up inside and causing the issues.

That can actually be your issue. If the core is toast you aren't getting the dehumidification you would normally get (which is collected and drained out of the core through the drain). That humidity is building up inside and causing the issues.

Car’s getting the evaporator core replaced in a week. I’ll have the shop take a look at the heater core.

Is there anything else I should get looked at / replaced while the dash is all out?

Plan is evaporator core, the 3 servos, all the filters tied to the ac system, and taking a look at the heater core now.

Curious the cost to do so - I thought this was more indicative of a core issue if on the driver side.

Shop quoted me $2500 for the evaporator core, servos, all the filters tied to the ac system, and heater core will just be parts cost if it needs to be replaced as well. Toyota dealer quoted the same, and lexus dealer quoted $4600 (lol!).

Shop quoted me $2500 for the evaporator core, servos, all the filters tied to the ac system, and heater core will just be parts cost if it needs to be replaced as well. Toyota dealer quoted the same, and lexus dealer quoted $4600 (lol!).

And the repercussions if you don’t?
Just enduring the right sided fog or....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom