Flashing Center Diff Lock Light 200 Series (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been having a similar issue. Not all the time but now and then my diff light flashes in the morning. I just let it warm up and drive it about a mile, then pull over shut off the motor and start it again. The light is gone. Really do not like this option. The other thing that has just started to happen is the clement control will not come on anymore when when the LC has been sitting a while. I have to hit the auto button to get it running again. Not a big deal I know, but I really like the remote start on hot or cold days so it is nice on the inside when I get in.

Thinking next time I take it in for a service (the clement control) started to act up after I got it back from the last one. I wonder if there was a software update messing things up?

I have had the same problem recently. Diff lock flashes but I am able to drive around normally. The other instance I had all the lights on Check VSC, Check PSC, PCS light flashing, ABS light on, 4 LO flashing, traction control off. Vehicle was stuck in 4 LO. Turned off and restarted several times and got the flashing diff light again. The wife drive it around for the day with light still on. Next morning vehicle started up normally with no lights. Has happened more than once.

I also have a vibration in the steering wheel as well at 60 mph and up. Feels like it is in the front end somewhere. Hubs seem tight, ball joints are good, tires are new and balanced more than a few times, I cannot see any play in the front DS or U joints. That is another saga...

I have been having a similar issue. Not all the time but now and then my diff light flashes in the morning. I just let it warm up and drive it about a mile, then pull over shut off the motor and start it again. The light is gone. Really do not like this option. The other thing that has just started to happen is the clement control will not come on anymore when when the LC has been sitting a while. I have to hit the auto button to get it running again. Not a big deal I know, but I really like the remote start on hot or cold days so it is nice on the inside when I get in.

Thinking next time I take it in for a service (the clement control) started to act up after I got it back from the last one. I wonder if there was a software update messing things up?

If you haven't put it in 4Lo and engaged the diff and driven a few miles recently, go find some gravel or dirt and do that. I had the identical symptoms and after doing so mine has been gone. I think the CDL will flash when some sort of center diff actuator test fails if the actuator is sticking. Engaging 4Lo and the CD for a few hundred feet once every month or so seems to have cleared up my issue and kept it from returning.

Not sure with the climate control but make sure the cool box isn't on. My wife was irritated that the climate control wasn't working right. It also seemed like the A/C was running on low all the time. Turned out that the cool box was on, and it's tied into the A/C system, so even if the fan was off the A/C was still running lightly. I haven't tried it but I suspect the seat coolers would do the same thing

I believe that the seat coolers are actually just moving ambient air and not provided through the AC system.

I will give that a go @linuxgod, I am one that takes his LC off road and gets it dirty. (one of the reasons I got it)

I did not think about the center cooler running having any issues with the AC. I tend to keep it on because I keep road water in it all the time. I will turn it off and see if that makes any difference.

I will give that a go @linuxgod, I am one that takes his LC off road and gets it dirty. (one of the reasons I got it)

I did not think about the center cooler running having any issues with the AC. I tend to keep it on because I keep road water in it all the time. I will turn it off and see if that makes any difference.

I used my diff lock when I was in Grand Teton in August. Didn't need it again and the light started flashing in Nov or Dec IIRC. After a few weeks of intermittent flash, esp when cold, I did the 4Lo/engage diff/etc dance and it cleared and hasn't been back since, but now I at least take it out to a gravel alley and drive 100' or so once a month.

^^ I need to put THAT on my calendar!

Ya, even with the more intricate stuff I have done I have never needed the use the diff lock. Love my LC. My friend that I go out with now and then has a lifted jeep on 35's and I go everywhere he goes. Kind of make him mad lol

Did you figure out your climate control issue? I'm having the same problem.

I think it is wise to periodically (maybe once a month?) exercise the diff lock and 4-low. Diff lock is easy, as you can engage it on dry pavement as long as you are going straight (e.g., on the highway). The hard part for me is remembering to do so.

I think it is wise to periodically (maybe once a month?) exercise the diff lock and 4-low. Diff lock is easy, as you can engage it on dry pavement as long as you are going straight (e.g., on the highway). The hard part for me is remembering to do so.

Or...get DIRTY more than once a month, and you're all set! :hillbilly:

Ima go git dirty right now... Woo!

I agree - I go out to a mountain bike park about once a month and will exercise my center diff lock in the LC [and engage my 4wheel drive in my Cummins powered Ram] on the dirt road that leads in and out of the park. On one occasion I had my CDL light flash and after a restart it was gone.

The other thing that has just started to happen is the clement control will not come on anymore when when the LC has been sitting a while. I have to hit the auto button to get it running again. Not a big deal I know, but I really like the remote start on hot or cold days so it is nice on the inside when I get in.

Did you figure out your climate control issue? I'm having the same problem.

It might have to do with your cabin air filter. If you don't set the system to Recirculate before opening and changing the cabin filter, it does this. Turn the car on, set the AC to recirculate, turn the car off, then open the door in the back of the glove box, remove, inspect and replace the filter.

Or...get DIRTY more than once a month, and you're all set! :hillbilly:

Ima go git dirty right now... Woo!

Stupid city. It's amazingly difficult to find anything except a gravel alley within 50 miles.

I was actually wondering if you need to engage the center diff to keep the light from coming on, or if simply using 4Lo does the trick. Not that it matters for me (see prior paragraph).

As a side note, Toyota has advertised for years to drive about 10 miles a month in 4wd. I use my diff lock the same way. Use it once a month so it doesnt freeze up. Never had an issue. The older 4runners and trucks had a vacuum actuated system that needed regular use to stay reliable.

I drive my 200 in 4WD 100% of the time. :)

I'm guessing you mean 4Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom