FJC Lightbar wiring route (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know or can point to the proper routing of wires for a rack mounted lightbar?

Pretty clear the grommets allow wires to be run into and down the rack to channels in the roof, down a corner pillar under thr trim; but from there where do the OEM wires head? Into the engine compartment or somehow into the cab compartment?

I've seen a few hack jobs where people do some pretty silly stuff: run wires though mounting holes and wonder why they get blown fuses; run wires through a firewall grommet by slicing the grommet and wondering why they get wet feet fording streams; etc. I want the factory routing.

Anyone have service manual pages, point to service manual pages, or know first hand how the OEM wires route?

Thanks ...

This is how i did it my FJ Cruiser roof light install. I stashed a bunch of resources there (video, writeup, toyota service pages, Gobi instructions... ) hope it helps.

Thank you ... did you manage to find an unused wire from the console to the engine compartment to switch the relay? If not, how did you run thru the firewall?

picked up a harness that plugs in to the aux light connection that goes to the fuse box.. If i remember the toyota harness that makes it easily work was expensive

can always use a bulkhead fitting to pass through firewall

I have one through my roof actually, but I knew Id never sell my truck, so didnt bother me.
Put some silicone around the fiting as well just as extra layer of proteciton, 4 years later, no issues for me.

It gets the job done
KIMG0816_zpstsvbd5bz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom