FJ80 front swaybar blocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bcfishingreports.com
Has anyone tried using Slee's front swaybar blocks on their 1991-92 FJ80? It looks like it would fit, but it's listed for a '93 and up...is there a difference?

Thanks.

swayba1.jpg

you bc boys rock.i have never played with this could you school me quikly of the advantage,how much drop or i have been told to remove it or drop it and put a quick disconect in

i just use some square tube, and drilled some holes & longer bolts..done.

X2, stupid simple to make, square tube, blocks of alloy, hard plastic, etc.

made mine out of hockey pucks for 1.99 each and bought four longer metric screws, under 10bucks took five min to drill out the pucks and they are the perfect size too!

you bc boys rock.i have never played with this could you school me quikly of the advantage,how much drop or i have been told to remove it or drop it and put a quick disconect in

the purpose of this mod is that once you lift your truck past a certain height, the swaybar comes into contact with the driveshaft. lowering the body mounts using these spacers moves the sway bar away from the driveshaft. theres a member here in the 80s forum thats built up some disconnects. i still run the front, but no rear. im contemplating on just pulling the front all together...

the purpose of this mod is that once you lift your truck past a certain height, the swaybar comes into contact with the driveshaft. lowering the body mounts using these spacers moves the sway bar away from the driveshaft. theres a member here in the 80s forum thats built up some disconnects. i still run the front, but no rear. im contemplating on just pulling the front all together...

I realize we're getting off topic here, but Sonny, you should try running a trail with the rear bar hooked up, and the front unhooked. I find the truck feels way more balanced this way. The rear flexes really easily anyway, but the front is a bigger bar and will flex more easily with the sway bar disconnected.

-Jason

haha... I would Jason. but snap went 3...yes 3 of the 8 bolts that mount the rear LOL. 2 are still half in there... one on the frame, and one on the ds side axle mount. my lazy ass didn't pb or heat prior to. yah the rear does flex way more...and I've got 5100 out back. front flex not so much. hopefully next year I'll put in these 5" springs Ive got, along with some doetsch 8100 pre runners (found a local dist for these @ $50/per btw). are you runnig front sways for day to day drivin in the 'wack?

stone... you can have your thread back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom