FJ62ish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't know why you didn't just use that body.
Didn't look bad here

IMG_4055.JPG

Great work kid, nice truck.

Update time.

Mounted the engine and trans in the new frame. Using the 4 speed cross member for now. I may have to notch it a bit to clear the front driveshaft, but I may just get away with it as is.

Now I'm stating to mount everything else to the frame. installed the fuel line, and stole the brake lines off the 62.

I Also built most of the exhaust. Used a lot of carful measuring on the 62 frame to make sure I wasn't building it in the way of anything.
I still had some stainless parts left over from when I built the bj70 exhaust, including the muffler I removed from it. So i bought a few more parts and got to work. I wanted to keep it inside the frame rails and as high as possible. It was pretty tight beside the t-case, and I had to sacrifice the ability to mount a spare tire in the factory spot. not that that really matters to me, as I plan to jump on the swing out bandwagon.
Going to start swapping suspension and axles over from the 62 this week.
Also swapped the manual pedals into it a few days ago. Only swore at it a few hundred times :bang:

So much easier to do exhaust from the top. That being said, check floor clearance to the rubber hangars
you have at the back. They look higher than the frame. The floor of the body is pretty close to the frame.
BTW, you'll need heat shield I think along beside that brake line, or is that a fuel line?
I think they used a 4 speed cross member on my conversion, and it rubs on the driveshaft.
No dents, just shiny metal but I still have the sway bar on and I don't push the articulation
to max much.

So much easier to do exhaust from the top. That being said, check floor clearance to the rubber hangars
you have at the back. They look higher than the frame. The floor of the body is pretty close to the frame.
BTW, you'll need heat shield I think along beside that brake line, or is that a fuel line?
I think they used a 4 speed cross member on my conversion, and it rubs on the driveshaft.
No dents, just shiny metal but I still have the sway bar on and I don't push the articulation
to max much.
i did a lot of cross checking for clearence. probably ran outside with the tape measure about 30 times to look at my 62. the tight section i was planning on using heat wrap of some sort, although it looks closer in the pictures too. i don't think i have any more room on my 70.

No work on the 60 tonight, they do make a good seat though :beer:

IMG_4808.JPG

Last edited:
^ Eagle eyes Dan on the prowl! Awesome.

I've Been working on the cruiser a bunch this week. Started working on the suspension and axle swap. Tearing all the good parts out of the 62 and installing to the new frame. Gave the axles a good pressure wash.

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4810.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

I "installed" the old axles under the 62 with 2 bolts each, just enough that I could still move it back to the grass.
Anyone ever seen a lowered 60?

IMG_4816.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

So much fun, nice little evening run..

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3131.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread