FJ62 Transmission Cooler Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently working on cleaning the transmission filter and swapping the fluid out. Been taking the time to clean up and repaint the pan and skid plate while I have it off, but noticed the rear braided rubber flexible trans cooler lines are soaked. Not sure if they're leaking or if it's some other leak, but figured it's probably a good time to swap them. As far as I can tell the lines (circled in red) are no longer available, is this true or am I just incompetent in finding the correct part numbers?

If they're not longer available what solutions have you seen or come up with to replace them. The fitting looks like the same size as the front connections, 16x1.5mm. I installed some adaptor on front end of the hard lines when I put in a Hayden trans cooler and ran 6AN lines for that. I'm think about just removing the hard lines along the engine block and running AN lines in it's place and moving the adaptor to the rear hard lines. Has anyone done this? Any pros or cons?

trans cooler.png

Hi, I use Able Truck in Dallas for all my crimped on hoses. I have for years.

Currently working on cleaning the transmission filter and swapping the fluid out. Been taking the time to clean up and repaint the pan and skid plate while I have it off, but noticed the rear braided rubber flexible trans cooler lines are soaked. Not sure if they're leaking or if it's some other leak, but figured it's probably a good time to swap them. As far as I can tell the lines (circled in red) are no longer available, is this true or am I just incompetent in finding the correct part numbers?

If they're not longer available what solutions have you seen or come up with to replace them. The fitting looks like the same size as the front connections, 16x1.5mm. I installed some adaptor on front end of the hard lines when I put in a Hayden trans cooler and ran 6AN lines for that. I'm think about just removing the hard lines along the engine block and running AN lines in it's place and moving the adaptor to the rear hard lines. Has anyone done this? Any pros or cons?

View attachment 3110025
do you know what the adapters that connect the transcooler lines into the bottom of the radiator are called? Connectors that go into the rad at the ends of the lines 32941A & 32942A. I'm installing the rad from Cruiser Corps, but those piece from my stock rad seem to be too long... wondering if i can buy new ones that fit or if i should cut them down.

View attachment 3110025
The same was discovered on mine when we were adding the transmission temp sensor in the line (see page 10 of my build thread). I dug up the parts on Amazon, and my local Firestone shop that does a lot of that kind of work on it assembled the necessary line lengths and fittings from the parts I supplied.
Amazon product ASIN B077GTNT9D

do you know what the adapters that connect the transcooler lines into the bottom of the radiator are called? Connectors that go into the rad at the ends of the lines 32941A & 32942A. I'm installing the rad from Cruiser Corps, but those piece from my stock rad seem to be too long... wondering if i can buy new ones that fit or if i should cut them down.
Since I used AN6 lines I used adaptors to connect with those. Pretty sure my hoses have some angled AN fittings, maybe a 45 on one and 90 on the other. Don't remember to be honest
Fragola Performance Systems 460614-BL Fragola Performance Systems AN to Metric Adapter Fittings | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-460614-bl

If you're using barb fittings you should be able to find a 14mmx1.5 to barb adaptor. Might even be able to find an angled one.

If you wanted the actual factory part number here it is... I think

1675102760270.png

Since I used AN6 lines I used adaptors to connect with those. Pretty sure my hoses have some angled AN fittings, maybe a 45 on one and 90 on the other. Don't remember to be honest
Fragola Performance Systems 460614-BL Fragola Performance Systems AN to Metric Adapter Fittings | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-460614-bl

If you're using barb fittings you should be able to find a 14mmx1.5 to barb adaptor. Might even be able to find an angled one.
makes sense. thanks for the info @poptart ! that solves the front side of the lines. for the rear side (that connect to the hardlines) I'm debating cutting off the fittings from the existing hoses or getting 16x1.5mm adapters like you mentioned in your first post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom