FJ62 Fuel injector female connector recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Injectors have been covered ad nausea here, but less about the brittle connectors off the harness they
plug into. 250k on my rig, putting in Beck-Arnley injectors, but wondering if anyone has good solution for the
plastic connectors? Figure can de-pin the old ones and put on new ones and save cracking down the road.

Lambcrusher had a denso-type connector kit recommendation, wondering if any others or OEM from newer
models that'd work?

Steve
89 FJ62 3FE

This is what you need and where to get them.
Do like you said, de-pin and leave the original terminals alone and pop them into the new housings one at a time.

CE1C267B-1929-4806-A7E5-938399C8D472.jpeg

Do like you said, de-pin and leave the original terminals alone and pop them into the new housings one at a time.

View attachment 2725379

I gotta bookmark this.

View attachment 2725379
Thanks @cruisermatt , ordered these today. I love the idea of not having to cut/splice into the harness…

Thanks @cruisermatt , ordered these today. I love the idea of not having to cut/splice into the harness…
Hijack!

I received the connectors today…. As I stared to remove the old ones I can see where the insulation is a brittle where it meets the connector exposing the wire, should I just cover it with heat shrink tubing? Or any other suggestions? Or should I replace the pigtails?

312730EC-89AA-4767-8714-55CBF063F4D1.jpeg

If your actual wire is in poor shape ideally you would cut the wires back to fresher area and crimp on new terminals with the appropriate crimper. Or, with the wire harness on a workbench, remove those entire wire all the way to the ECU and replace them terminal to terminal. Anything short of these is not really proper for EFI wiring.

Heat shrink would be a decent alternative.

Avoid splices/pigtails on important wiring like a injector.

If your actual wire is in poor shape ideally you would cut the wires back to fresher area and crimp on new terminals with the appropriate crimper. Or, with the wire harness on a workbench, remove those entire wire all the way to the ECU and replace them terminal to terminal. Anything short of these is not really proper for EFI wiring.

Heat shrink would be a decent alternative.

Avoid splices/pigtails on important wiring like a injector.

Thanks @cruisermatt , probably going with heat shrink to keep wires from shorting. I don’t have a good crimper for these and removing the wires back to ECU May involve more work than I want to invest at this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom