FJ62 FSM pdf? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a dropbox link that where you can find the '88 shop manual - it's the file named FJ62-2

Dropbox - 0 LAND CRUISER - Simplify your life

The wiring diagram (for the stereo) you are looking for is on sheet 376 (that's the PDF file page number, NOT the book page number)

Thanks, everyone for sharing! Great community here!

I’m still stumped. I’ve got wires coming out of the stereo harness area (13 to be exact)
that don’t match the wiring diagram. Specifically, white w/ gold-yellow stripe, red with blue stripe, brown with blue stripe. Maybe I should say these are “rings” instead of stripes? Do the color of the rings matter? Very confused.

36B3F102-35F6-4595-937E-C8084D8076C1.jpeg

All of the wires, except the green w/white stripe (or is it white w/green stripe?) on the left, are aftermarket wires. Can you see if they were spliced into the OEM wiring harness (main harness, before the original connectors)? I don't know why that's done when there are any number of aftermarket sources for wiring adapter harnesses that can be spliced in after the main harness connectors.

Good idea. Ill peel back the wrapping and see if I can find the splice. Looks like I'll be running all new wires now. Can't trust this PO modification. Better to know you've done it right than to wish and click your red ruby slippers three times...

Found the hot and ign-hot with the trusty Ohm meter. Looks like a rate nest may be cleaned up after all.
Not sure it is going to work that well with the speaker wire...

My '86 FJ60 is pretty much an FJ62 now (3FE, transfer case, axles, brakes, fuel, dash, heating and A/C, power windows/door locks/mirrors, wiring, etc.). I took advantage of the double-DIN dash opening and rear speaker brackets/wiring to install a new Pioneer radio/CD/cassette head unit, low-profile Pioneer speakers in the front door, MB Quart speakers in the rear cargo area, and a Pioneer amp under the passenger front seat (where the FJ60 rear heater used to be). Because I wasn't after a high-end sound system (did I mention the cassette?), I decided to use the stock wiring harness for the most part. I ran the power to the amp directly from the battery with a 30 amp fuse, a blue "power on" wire from the head unit to the amp, and a separate ground cable from the amp to the body floor panel. I also ran two pairs of RCA cable from the head unit to the amp. The head unit is plugged into the stock FJ62 harness using an aftermarket adapter harness, and I fabricated a harness to run the speaker outputs from the amp back to the stock harness connectors behind the head unit. So I didn't touch the stock harness. Seems to work fine, and the sound quality is surprisingly good.

Here is a dropbox link that where you can find the '88 shop manual - it's the file named FJ62-2

Dropbox - 0 LAND CRUISER - Simplify your life

The wiring diagram (for the stereo) you are looking for is on sheet 376 (that's the PDF file page number, NOT the book page number)

Please clarify the differences in the files for me. I've been looking through them all and am I correct that the FJ62 manual.pdf looks like it is much more detailed on the part numbers of the entire vehicle. And 3FE REPAIR MANUAL just deals with the engine? How do the FJ62-1 and FJ62-2 differ? Thank you.

I've got the Haynes manual, but it looks like I would be better off with these dropbox files instead. What about the factory service shop repair manual? The one with the green and black cover. Pretty much the same info....to get started?

Please clarify the differences in the files for me. I've been looking through them all and am I correct that the FJ62 manual.pdf looks like it is much more detailed on the part numbers of the entire vehicle. And 3FE REPAIR MANUAL just deals with the engine? How do the FJ62-1 and FJ62-2 differ? Thank you.

FJ62 manual is a collection of diagrams and part numbers for the FJ62
FJ62-1 is the manual for all Land Cruisers from 10/84 through 1/90.
FJ62-2 is the manual containing only the things that are different from the FJ62-1 manual

If you still want the FSM, drop me an message with your email addy

This is from the FSM and will maybe help you get started (sorry for the large file size):
Hi - is that FSM for the FJ62 the same for 1989 models (or did anything change from '88 - '89 for stereo wiring harness colors / schematic)? Thanks for the help - blew my 12 constant last night and can't figure our how to get the clock back on or the radio to keep station memory, etc. Works when engine turned on, but loses memory after turning off ignition. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom